Borobudur

Thanksgiving 5-days Weekend thread | BOSS: 42.2m, Napoleon: 32.75m, Wish: 31.6m, Trolls: 25.6m, Thanksgiving: 10.9m

5 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Looking better than last year. You gotta take whatever wins you can get.

Yeah this year looks much better in terms of a variety of movies to go to. Last year it was pretty much WF and the limited engagement of Glass Onion. This year only looks worse in some ways because of how much worse the MCU that is out is doing.   

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Look at Eternals. It was earning a bit more over the Thanksgiving week.

very basic math gives 9.7 million 5 day and 6.7 for the 3.day

1 hour ago, PrinceRico said:

Napoleon has a very low audience score so not expected legs to be good

I think it will be fine for this weekend. The WOM probably won't kick in into next week.  This could also be one those movies where the divided reactions help it in some ways. I still plan to see it but can't until next weekend.

24 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think its over indexing at Canada. I am not seeing 10m for sure. 

Yep, as eve shows get started I’m also seeing it come down a bit. Walkups not as strong as I expected. Still, 8-8.5 is possible, unless that’s another Canada overindex.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yep, as eve shows get started I’m also seeing it come down a bit. Walkups not as strong as I expected. Still, 8-8.5 is possible, unless that’s another Canada overindex.

10m is a bit too high. Following HOG which the preview only started 7pm, Napoleon will still fall short of 10m.  

Just Wish and it seem to finish almost on par with Encanto opening wednesday. Actually fewer tickets but ATP is higher 2 years later and so its almost on par. So seeing 6m true wednesday and 8.3m with previews. Just meh considering where the presales were. Way worse walkups than Trolls last week. I think meh reviews had definite impact for sure. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Just Wish and it seem to finish almost on par with Encanto opening wednesday. Actually fewer tickets but ATP is higher 2 years later and so its almost on par. So seeing 6m true wednesday and 8.3m with previews. Just meh considering where the presales were. Way worse walkups than Trolls last week. I think meh reviews had definite impact for sure. 

Can you check The Boy and The Heron...

Maybe because it's a too limited release so it is hard to check?

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Low 5… yeah, back to no thanks given it is 

You're kind of wilding about this movie lol. 8.3 would be just short of doubling Gucci and above Creed 1 and equal to Knives Out. I agree it is a worse previews IM than those movies but again, still above most expectations on here.

• Like 6

Saw Napoleon in IMAX this evening. Theater I would say was 60-70% full.

Movie was definitely stripped down a lot in the editing room and plays more as a greatest hits compilation of a career than a meaningful narrative. The film randomly skips ahead years at a time to pay lip service to various points in his generalship or rule before occasionally lingering in certain periods. Some characters who have a solid presence in the first half utterly stop talking in the second even though the camera still shows them prominently now and then in the background of some scenes.

Battle scenes are visceral and exciting even though there's some basic unforced errors made history wise which have zero effect on its quality as a film but which bugged me to no end because they were simple things depicted completely wrong.

• Like 1