Porthos

Dune 2 Opening Weekend Thread [3/01/24 -3/03/24] [82.5m DOM OW]

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Letterboxd is just IMDB with fewer users

The user demographics are wildly different lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Watched Edward Scissorhands last night. UM... WHY HAS NO ONE FORCED ME TO WATCH THIS MOVIE BEFORE NOW??? Big Fish is my favourite movie of all time, so I'm all for sentimental Burton. It's still my #2 Burton (nothing will ever top Ewan McGregor in a field of daffodils) but it's really strong, and the last 30 minutes really, really works. Also, Danny Elfman....?!?!?!?! Ice Dance has got to be one of my favourite pieces of music ever written for a film. 

I want this Burton back. Hopefully Beetlejuice 2 is good and has some of his flair from his earlier works. But I really hope he makes something original next. A high-concept fantasy/fairy-tale. 

Edward Scissorhands is a classic.

• Like 1

What was the last super high grosser that didn't involve using PLFs in its strategy? I'd like to say Barbie but I don't remember. Other than Barbie I can't remember anything post Covid that did extremely well without a PLF push.

22 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

What was the last super high grosser that didn't involve using PLFs in its strategy? I'd like to say Barbie but I don't remember. Other than Barbie I can't remember anything post Covid that did extremely well without a PLF push.

Mario obviously, but family films don’t rely on them 

It’s a bit of chicken vs egg question, because typically the big movies get prime placement on PLF, whether the demand is strong or moderate to weak

17 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

$11M was horrible

$12M - looks like EVERYTHING is back on the menu boys?!

Am I doing BOT correctly :hahaha:

Early deadline previews are always a very volatile and tumultuous time in a movie’s lifecycle on BOT

Just now, Hatebox said:

Trailers at my dune showing: 

ghostbusters

kong and Godzilla 

deadpool 

fall guy 

they all made he feel old and tired 

Fall guy’s the only thing on that list that even looks watchable; a real testament to Gosling’s charisma. Otherwise it’s a shame that the standard of quality for hollywood blockbusters still remains so poor

22 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

$11M was horrible

$12M - looks like EVERYTHING is back on the menu boys?!

Am I doing BOT correctly :hahaha:

10 million: Normies hate Dune

12 million: BILLIONDUNE HERE WE COME, THE NEW BARBENHEIMER IS HERE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1