kayumanggi

Weekend estimates | 31.70M GODZILLA × KONG: TNE | 10.10M MONKEY MAN | 9.00M GHOSTBUSTERS: FE | 8.36M THE FIRST OMEN | 7.85M KFP IV | 7.20M DUNE II

10 minutes ago, Ziddletwix said:

Monkey Man - 4.25M

GxK - 8.5M

I assume this Friday numbers include previews, right?

Edited by Kon

A bit surprised by a few of these. 

If FE is 2.4M Friday, even at 40% weekly drop for Sat/Sun that only gets to 8.5M. Is there reason to expect crazy low weekly drops because of Easter last weekend? Same with KFP4 & its Friday #, $8.9M would be a huge saturday spike.

• Like 1

I don’t think we can assume anything with this weekend’s GxK number. With it being a holiday weekend, the numbers are skewed. I think next weekend will give us a more realistic idea how its holds are. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Toy Story 4 still made 1 billion at the boxoffice. A Cinamascore, 97 RT critics and won best animated film at the Oscars. I would take an unnecessary film with those scores over the animated crap we're getting today anytime.

Loved Toy Story 4. I almost dread every one they add to the franchise as it’s perfect as it is, but they always deliver.  Think I cried at the end. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ziddletwix said:

A bit surprised by a few of these. 

If FE is 2.4M Friday, even at 40% weekly drop for Sat/Sun that only gets to 8.5M. Is there reason to expect crazy low weekly drops because of Easter last weekend? Same with KFP4 & its Friday #, $8.9M would be a huge saturday spike.

Yes, Easter weekend pulls a good number of families away for other activities, so those Sat & Sun holds should be solid, but not crazy low 

20 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Loved Toy Story 4. I almost dread every one they add to the franchise as it’s perfect as it is, but they always deliver.  Think I cried at the end. 

It really gets annoying every time they announce a new Toy Story we get the ugh they are making another one people. As if these were critical and commercial bombs and DisneyPixar are not taking the hint. If 5 bombs and stinks then yeah that will probably be it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kon said:

It's the first time I heard about this movie:

I kept seeing Someone Like You on the AMC app. What a plot!

Based on the popular novel by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Karen Kingsbury, Someone Like You is an achingly beautiful redemptive love story for our times. Architect Dawson Gage fell in love with London Quinn in high school, even though she told him not to. Ten years later, the two are still best friends when tragedy strikes. Now, the grieving Dawson is compelled to do one final act of love for London. He launches an impossible search for her secret twin sister, twins separated during their parents’ IVF procedure.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 2

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I kept seeing Someone Like You on the AMC app. What a plot!

Based on the popular novel by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Karen Kingsbury, Someone Like You is an achingly beautiful redemptive love story for our times. Architect Dawson Gage fell in love with London Quinn in high school, even though she told him not to. Ten years later, the two are still best friends when tragedy strikes. Now, the grieving Dawson is compelled to do one final act of love for London. He launches an impossible search for her secret twin sister, twins separated during their parents’ IVF procedure.

This sounds like a parody movie JT and Mila would've watched just to make fun of in Friends with Benefits.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Rugby World Cup

Did that way way back in 2007. South Africa vs Fiji in Marseille. Took the same TGV as the SA team from Lyon (IIRC), those guys are freaking huge - like unbelievably huge. Good times.

• Like 1