kayumanggi

Weekend estimates | 31.70M GODZILLA × KONG: TNE | 10.10M MONKEY MAN | 9.00M GHOSTBUSTERS: FE | 8.36M THE FIRST OMEN | 7.85M KFP IV | 7.20M DUNE II

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

Wrestlemania weekend >>>> cinema

That’s actually a good point though. Wrestlemania seems much bigger this year than it has in awhile. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Deadline:

GvK-$7.5m

Monkey Man-$4.3m

Omen-$3m

GB:FE-$2.2m

KFP4-$1.9m

Well at least we had March. Or maybe it is just early Deadline numbers that everybody freaks about like clockwork on Friday. 

Deadline's early Friday numbers vs actuals last week.

31m Gxk Estimate...they did an update a couple hours later because the lowball was way to low.

36.8m actual.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire is $5.1M 

Actual 5.495m

Kung Fu Panda 4 at 3,582 sites, which is seeing a fourth Friday of $4.3M

Actual 3.9m

Neon’s Immaculate at 2,362 theaters with a second Friday of $1M

Actual 1.1m

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Deadline's early Friday numbers vs actuals last week.

31m Gxk Estimate...they did an update a couple hours later because the lowball was way to low.

36.8m actual.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire is $5.1M 

Actual 5.495m

Kung Fu Panda 4 at 3,582 sites, which is seeing a fourth Friday of $4.3M

Actual 3.9m

Neon’s Immaculate at 2,362 theaters with a second Friday of $1M

Actual 1.1m

Last week was a holiday, this is back to a more normal Friday (though I do think numbers can go up, but Deadline reporting roughly the same a few hours later)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookson said:

That’s actually a good point though. Wrestlemania seems much bigger this year than it has in awhile. 

ADRENALINE.......IN MY SOUL.......SOMETHING SOMETHING CODY RHODES

(I'm a huge wrestling fan and this has been the best build in at least 10 and likely 23 years for a Wrestlemania)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

(I'm a huge wrestling fan and this has been the best build in at least 10 and likely 23 years for a Wrestlemania)

Get ready to acknowledge the tribal chief and the final boss☝️

• Disbelief 1

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I wouldn’t be surprised with mid teens for Civil War, single digits for both Abigail & Ungentlemanly Warfare and high teens for Challengers. 

Your predictions actually make a lot of sense. I hope atleast one hits 20m+ OW though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I hadn’t seen it in years and only started watching because of The Rock. Like one of the last things I remember watching was Rey Mysterio having to fight a guy to win back the custody of his son (now the son’s a grown ass man fighting his dad. That’s how long it’s been). It’s so silly and fun, like a soap opera or pantomime theatre.

Also whoever revamped the Divas section into not being creepy garbage deserves an award. 

• Like 2

Omen is NOT doing well for walkups tonight. Wouldn’t be surprised if Friday + previews come in under 3M.

Monkey Man is doing fine I guess. It was pretty hot here last night for walkups but tonight is weaker. Could be because the weather in SW BC is really nice today. But yea, nothing to write home about.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

The obvious play was having Moana 2 on that date so it could run away from Wicked and get all the PLFs to itself. But Disney is very stupid and stubborn and loves to stick with the same release dates, even when it obviously makes more sense to move. But hey, if Disney wants to self-sabotage their movies, so be it. 🤷 

I think Moana 2 is gonna hurt Wicked more than Wicked is gonna hurt Moana 2 tbh. Moana is a juggernaut, and I know for certain like 98% of kids and young families would rather see that than a musical prequel to the Wizard of Oz. Not sure why Disney needs to run anywhere tbh. 

6 minutes ago, SaltyPistola said:

I think Moana 2 is gonna hurt Wicked more than Wicked is gonna hurt Moana 2 tbh. Moana is a juggernaut, and I know for certain like 98% of kids and young families would rather see that than a musical prequel to the Wizard of Oz. Not sure why Disney needs to run anywhere tbh. 

I mean, they kind of target a similar audience so they need oxygen anyway.