kayumanggi

Weekend estimates | 31.70M GODZILLA × KONG: TNE | 10.10M MONKEY MAN | 9.00M GHOSTBUSTERS: FE | 8.36M THE FIRST OMEN | 7.85M KFP IV | 7.20M DUNE II

Dang, The First Omen was really really good. I only ever saw the original today, but I think I liked this one better than that one.

Only 3 of us total in the 7:30 screening though 😕

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Dang, The First Omen was really really good. I only ever saw the original today, but I think I liked this one better than that one.

Only 3 of us total in the 7:30 screening though 😕

It's well crafted and well acted, but who is the movie for? It's a beautiful, long, slow drama/paranoid thriller with a few scares (probably added in reshoots) and some graphic body horror imagery. Every single shot lingered....the people I was with appreciated the craft but were checking their watches. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

ADRENALINE.......IN MY SOUL.......SOMETHING SOMETHING CODY RHODES

(I'm a huge wrestling fan and this has been the best build in at least 10 and likely 23 years for a Wrestlemania)

I was at WrestleMania last year. It's a fun event to attend for sure but in person the smaller indie events are way more fun during this weekend. But obviously attending WrestleMania was a thing to tick off the bucket list, attended a cricket World Cup match this year, now have the Football World Cup and the Olympics which should hopefully be ticked off the list in 2026 and 2028.

• Like 3

Same cinemascore for The First Omen as Immaculate. 

Glad some here also enjoyed it. I don’t think it felt long though, under 2hrs. So many unique shots and set-ups I hadn’t seen before. Hope the director gets another gig on the back of this. 

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

I was at WrestleMania last year. It's a fun event to attend for sure but in person the smaller indie events are way more fun during this weekend. But obviously attending WrestleMania was a thing to tick off the bucket list, attended a cricket World Cup match this year, now have the Football World Cup and the Olympics which should hopefully be ticked off the list in 2026 and 2028.

All you need now is a Grand Prix and you're set. 

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Rugby World Cup

it's april @WrathOfHan @Eric Atreides

10x:

Inside Out 2: Trolls Band Together, Wish Dolby, The Boy and the Heron Round 2, Wonka, Migration, Soul Round 2, The Color Purple, Turning Red Round 2, One Life, Luca Round 3

9x:

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes: The Marvels Dolby, Thanksgiving, The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes, Godzilla Minus One, Poor Things, The Iron Claw, Napoleon, All of Us Strangers, I.S.S.

7x:

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire: The Marvels Dolby, The Boy and the Heron Round 2, Wonka, The Book of Clarence, Napoleon, I.S.S., Madame Web

6x:

If: Wonka, Migration, Soul Round 2, Turning Red Round 2, One Life, Luca Round 3

The Garfield Movie: Trolls Band Together, Wish Dolby, Migration, Soul Round 2, Turning Red Round 2, Luca Round 3

5x:

Arthur the King: The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes, The Iron Claw, The Boy and the Heron Round 2, Napoleon, I.S.S.

Kung Fu Panda 4: The Boy and the Heron Round 2, Wonka, Migration, Soul Round 2, Turning Red Round 2

Imaginary: The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes, Godzilla Minus One, Poor Things, Out of Darkness, Madame Web

The First Omen: All of Us Strangers, Out of Darkness, Madame Web, Love Lies Bleeding

4x:

White Bird: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental 3D, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby

Problemista: You Hurt My Feelings, Past Lives, Talk to Me, The Zone of Interest

Challengers: No Hard Feelings, Barbie, Drive-Away Dolls

3x:

Luca: Raya and the Last Dragon Dolby, Wonka, Migration
The Fall Guy: The Marvels Dolby, The Iron Claw, Oppenheimer Round 5 IMAX
Civil War: The Iron Claw, The Zone of Interest, Love Lies Bleeding
Unsung Hero: The Color Purple, One Life, Luca Round 3

2x:

Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Adhira: RRR, RRR Round 2
Godzilla x Kong: A New Empire: Wonka, The Color Purple
The American Society of Magical Negroes: The Book of Clarence, The Color Purple
Love Lies Bleeding: The Iron Claw, Out of Darkness
Despicable Me 4: Turning Red Round 2, Madame Web
Glitter + Doom: Perfect Days, Dune: Part Two 70mm
Ennio: Perfect Days, Dune: Part Two 70mm
A Quiet Place: Day One: Madame Web, Love Lies Bleeding
Tarot: Madame Web, Love Lies Bleeding
Abigail: I.S.S., Late Night with the Devil
Sasquatch Sunset: Out of Darkness, Late Night with the Devil
Irena’s Vow: Love Lies Bleeding, One Life
The Wild Robot: One Life, Luca Round 3
A Cat’s Life: One Life, Luca Round 3

1x:

MaXXXine: Pearl
Elio: Elemental 3D
One Life: I.S.S.
Housekeeping for Beginners: The Zone of Interest
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga: Madame Web
Twisters: Madame Web
The Watchers: Drive-Away Dolls
The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare: Love Lies Bleeding
Back to Black: Love Lies Bleeding
Monkey Man: Love Lies Bleeding
I Saw the TV Glow: Love Lies Bleeding
We Grown Now: One Life
Ezra: One Life
Femme: Late Night with the Devil
Sting: Late Night with the Devil
Cuckoo: Late Night with the Devil
In a Violent Nature: Late Night with the Devil
Arcadian: Late Night with the Devil
Someone Like You: Luca Round 3

Edited by Blankments
  • Astonished 1

Watched GxK last night in a pretty full theater, had a blast tbh; some people have superhero movies as their guilty pleasures, others have cheesy rom coms, mine are this type of movie. Just absolutely bonkers and loved it for it 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

4 didn't need to exist. It was fine, but didn't add anything and felt like a cash grab.

Toy Story 4 still made 1 billion at the boxoffice. A Cinamascore, 97 RT critics and won best animated film at the Oscars. I would take an unnecessary film with those scores over the animated crap we're getting today anytime.

• Like 6

Monkey Man getting the same CInemascore as Beekeeper seems promising. It might not be super-leggy as there are four more action movies opening over the next five weekends, but it should help it find an audience beyond theaters at least.

As for First Omen, Immaculate is gonna have a 3+ multiplier off its C Cinemascore, so obviously it's not an end-all for a horror film, although I don't know if First Omen will have the same snappy viral moves that movie had (pull quotes from scandalized Christians, Sydney watching the movie with nuns, the $6.66 Wednesday discount, Jeff Sneider committing career suicide with a fake Sydney scoop that got everyone talking about her again...)

10 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

So monster verse franchise seems to be a front loaded one like the X-Men franchise. Those movies even with good wom always struggled on 2nd weekend. 

Well, we still need to see the official numbers for GxK on Friday.