Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Nothing again Potter's fans, but I can't help noticing that Potter films can hold the opening record only less than a year and its records were always topped by Superhero films by a wide and indisputable margin...I wonder how big TA2 will be, if it will ever happen. 300M

Amazing for The Avengers. It's gonna be close for whether it hits $200M or not. Disney will Puerto Rico it over $200M somehow or another.

What's this Puerto Rico ''thing''? I'm kinda new here...so this might sound as a stupid question... Edited by DoctorWho

Amazing for The Avengers. It's gonna be close for whether it hits $200M or not. Disney will Puerto Rico it over $200M somehow or another.

It won't be close. It's happening. This is too big for them to play around with.

She was really groveing and he looked like he wanted to flee the scene as fast as he could. Those teeth! That shriell voice! That Jay Leno chin! Oh, and my pet peeve scene is when stupid senile moron Thofen says to Shittowimp "I`m happy for you" as if Aragorn gave his consent for marriage or whatever. They were planning to trap the poor guy without his knowledge! I wish Arwen zapped the homewrecking bitch with her super elf powers.

WORD! :giggle::rofl: ...i :wub: when aragorn tells her look lady me and you it ain't happening(more or less) , all i can think is "burn B burn!..."back on topic i have to wait till wednesday to see avengers, its always the pb when seeing a film with a group of person , finding a day and hr convenient to everyone's schedule pfff

I am a tough guy. This has been proven in real life. Now back on topic and lets enjoy these numbers.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but I'll let you in on a little secret...just don't tell anyone, ok?This is the internet. What you are or can do in real life, has no bearing in here.It's a massive secret I know, just keep it between us okay?
  • Like 1

Hmm. Does this actually break TDK/SM3's admissions records? With a 60% 3D share as reported last Friday, the average ticket price for this movie would have been ~$9.95, which puts admissions at 20.13m. TDK/SM3 did 22m. That doesn't even include IMAX 3D which probably contributed something like 20m.I don't like downplaying a spectacular opening, but this really goes to show how valuable 3D inflation can be for movies people really want to go to.

When there is big enough demand, the studios might as well not even offer it in 2D. People will pay the premium to see these big movies on opening weekend, even if they don't like 3D. If it's the only thing available, they'll pony up for it. The only thing holding them back is a physical restraint. There simply aren't 11,000 3D screens, so they have to put it on quite a few 2D screens as well. My theater had it on only one 2D screen in a smaller auditorium and it was selling out faster throughout the weekend than any other showing.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but I'll let you in on a little secret...just don't tell anyone, ok?This is the internet. What you are or can do in real life, has no bearing in here.It's a massive secret I know, just keep it between us okay?

Will do, i just don't like being called a troll.

Nothing again Potter's fans, but I can't help noticing that Potter films can hold the opening record only less than a year and its records were always topped by Superhero films by a wide and indisputable margin...I wonder how big TA2 will be, if it will ever happen. 300M

91m OD is going to say a little longer.

TDKR will beat it in admissions but still TA is just... :blink: :blink:

See, I don't get that. How exactly will it do that? Do you think it will sell out more Saturday and Sunday matinees than Avengers did? How exactly will it do more in admissions?

Hmm. Does this actually break TDK/SM3's admissions records? With a 60% 3D share as reported last Friday, the average ticket price for this movie would have been ~$9.95, which puts admissions at 20.13m. TDK/SM3 did 22m. That doesn't even include IMAX 3D which probably contributed something like 20m.

Yeah, but the 60% is for Friday, not for the weekend. HP DH2 3D share fell from 45% Friday to 43% weekend.http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3210http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3211This could also fall in %.

Potter is a 3D, frontloaded achievement and not much more. That OW record was cool but take into account tickets sold and this smoked it taking in less than half HP8 did at midnights

"What's this Puerto Rico ''thing''? I'm kinda new here...so this might sound as a stupid question..."lol I forgot the exact details but it was used to fudge Tf2 epic 5-day opening from 199 million to 200 million.