Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

My point is that there is intense interest after TDK which already did $18m in midnights 4 years ago lol your facts are twisting things to make your doubt work. Avengers maybe "special" but what does that make THG. I just see a pattern this year and I see OD making $90m, so I'll gladly be wrong but I think my thoughts have more basis than yours

When the Avengers with 3D boost comes in at $80m and Potter also with 3D boost comes in at $90m with JULY, 3D and a HARDCORE FRONTLOADED FANBASE then TDKR has 99.99% no chance with no 3D and a fanbase that while hardcore is also more mainstream and more likely to see it over the weekend or over its run.

But, it looks like brick wall time, and I have no interest in continuing with loonie talk. If it comes and breaks it in July, I will eat the crow. I think it's being way overrated. Deny it as much as you would like but Heath Ledger and the media hyped TDK's OW up. This only has "the finale" I think the Nolan/Batman/DC/whatever fanbase you are from are being the usual fanbase loonie. Just because Avengers can make $200m doesn't mean Batman can and Avengers has more of an event feel. TDKR does not.

$35-$40m midnights and $50-$55m rest of day is impossible apparently after TA did $70m on a Saturday. Lol so hilarious

I swear, it's ridiculous how people try to underestimate TDKR's potential on opening weekend.

In terms of dollars, sure, but I don't think that's fair to TDKR to write it off. In terms of tickets sold on opening weekend, it doesn't have NEARLY as huge a task ahead of it. I don't think we can declare phenoms over other potential phenoms when 3D prices are contributing so largely and won't for other films.Plus, there's still The Hobbit to come. But there's no denying, Avengers has set the bar incredibly high for both of those films (TDKR and Hobbit).

BOM has estimated 25,58 mill tickets OW

When the Avengers with 3D boost comes in at $80m and Potter also with 3D boost comes in at $90m with JULY, 3D and a HARDCORE FRONTLOADED FANBASE then TDKR has 99.99% no chance with no 3D and a fanbase that while hardcore is also more mainstream and more likely to see it over the weekend or over its run.

But, it looks like brick wall time, and I have no interest in continuing with loonie talk. If it comes and breaks it in July, I will eat the crow. I think it's being way overrated. Deny it as much as you would like but Heath Ledger and the media hyped TDK's OW up. This only has "the finale" I think the Nolan/Batman/DC/whatever fanbase you are from are being the usual fanbase loonie. Just because Avengers can make $200m doesn't mean Batman can and Avengers has more of an event feel. TDKR does not.

Fanbase looney? Again just a biased post. The first time I mentioned a $90m OD was today, shows how much you know.

Gitesh just posted that TA just had OPENING DAYS of 17.9 in China and 17.4 in Russia.....um...excuse me...but holy freakin shit!

I can't believe I'm being so affected by this. I never expected DH2 to hold on to that third ranking worldwide, especially with The Hobbit. I also strongly believe that TDKR (without 3D) can top DH2 worldwide.

Gitesh just posted that TA just had OPENING DAYS of 17.9 in China and 17.4 in Russia.....um...excuse me...but holy freakin shit!

:OMG:

Fanbase looney? Again just a biased post. The first time I mentioned a $90m OD was today, shows how much you know.

I happen to agree with BK007.

What I love about this whole thing is that TA's superheroes aren't even the most popular of Marvel's stable. They are mainly its B list heroes. X man was more popular than the avengers actually comic book wise. But box office wise, its no contest. Looks like TA is going to be the dominant series. Wierd huh? :)

Edited by Eldenfirefly

I swear, it's ridiculous how people try to underestimate TDKR's potential on opening weekend.

I will gladly eat crow of I'm wrong on this but the trailer got 10m views in less than 2 days, the interest is there no question for those willing to open their eyes