Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Tell to those, who clapped the trailer during TA lol TDKR will beat TA's admission, we just have to see if that will translate to higher gross. Potter's OD record is not safe either, TA crashed its Friday and TDKR will have significantly higher midnight gross.

Not opening day...that's impossible for Russia.

Oh but its not. It had a $54,000 per theater gross in IMAX in Russia for previews....believe me, it's possible.

When the Avengers with 3D boost comes in at $80m and Potter also with 3D boost comes in at $90m with JULY, 3D and a HARDCORE FRONTLOADED FANBASE then TDKR has 99.99% no chance with no 3D and a fanbase that while hardcore is also more mainstream and more likely to see it over the weekend or over its run.

But, it looks like brick wall time, and I have no interest in continuing with loonie talk. If it comes and breaks it in July, I will eat the crow. I think it's being way overrated. Deny it as much as you would like but Heath Ledger and the media hyped TDK's OW up. This only has "the finale" I think the Nolan/Batman/DC/whatever fanbase you are from are being the usual fanbase loonie. Just because Avengers can make $200m doesn't mean Batman can and Avengers has more of an event feel. TDKR does not.

Dude, you're having a BKB style meltdown in this post. Not sure what it is about B and K, but they should obviously be separated by a span approaching infinity. Edited by Biggestgeekever

What I love about this whole thing is that TA's superheroes aren't even the most popular of Marvel's stable. They are mainly its B list heroes. X man was more popular than the avengers actually comic book wise. But box office wise, its no contest. Looks like TA is going to be the dominant series. Wierd huh? :)

TA could have been a shit movie but still making a 180m+ OWThat is the power of AvengersAvengers 2 will have an OW of 250m bank on it.

I can't believe I'm being so affected by this. I never expected DH2 to hold on to that third ranking worldwide, especially with The Hobbit.I also strongly believe that TDKR (without 3D) can top DH2 worldwide.

Noctis, its okay. Remember that no matter how big TA gets, Potter is the ultimate king of movies with 8B WW. Not even my Star Wars got anywhere close to that. That'll probably be there for a long, long time. :therethere:

If The Avengers has 800m potential OS, The Hobbit definitely has 1bn potential.

How does the success of one movie suddenly increase the potential of other?TA looks more appealing than TH1, frankly, so I don't think so.
  • Like 1

I can't believe I'm being so affected by this. I never expected DH2 to hold on to that third ranking worldwide, especially with The Hobbit.I also strongly believe that TDKR (without 3D) can top DH2 worldwide.

Amazing to think that DH2 might not even be in the top 5 WW after this year.

Tell to those, who clapped the trailer during TA lol TDKR will beat TA's admission, we just have to see if that will translate to higher gross. Potter's OD record is not safe either, TA crashed its Friday and TDKR will have significantly higher midnight gross.

1 superhero= lame6 superheroes= AmazingI think quite clear worldwide numbers and domestic people love the idea of a team up superhero movie.

Oh but its not. It had a $54,000 per theater gross in IMAX in Russia for previews....believe me, it's possible.

Baumer, trust me. That's the 4 day weekend. Go to the Russia thread. It had an OD of $3.4m.

This is two months away and after TA being so successful that will somehow have no barring on how TDK is going to do? My evidence is the results of THG and TA for why TDKr will have such a massive OD. The diehard fanboys and online have fueled certain projects to ridiculous heights. Batman is at the top of the list there