Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

3 hours ago, PDC1987 said:

Oh, that old chestnut? And let me guess, violent video games make people murderers, right? Please. You're literally telling your entire fellow human race what they can and can't go see. Delusion much?

Garnering success? BATB is the highest grossing film of 2017, by a very wide margin. Wow, what a violent and "darkness filled" horror film.

You can bitch about adult films getting better reviews all you want, the fact is films that deal with real issues and are not artistically limited by family ratings are almost always going to be superior films.

What I'm trying to say is, people are fine if they can stomach darker films and shows, but too much bleakness could be unhealthy. I am still going through personal consequences from being a Walking Dead fan since 2012.

So what I'm saying is, if people want to enjoy those things in moderation like I do, that is fine, but they only have themselves to blame if they don't think the purest of thoughts.

I call back to the rise in crime rates after the release of Grand Theft Auto V to support my case.

Edited by slambros

7 minutes ago, slambros said:

What I'm trying to say is, people are fine if they can stomach darker films and shows, but too much bleakness could be unhealthy. I am still going through personal consequences from being a Walking Dead fan since 2012.

So what I'm saying is, if people want to enjoy those things in moderation like I do, but they only have themselves to blame if they don't think the purest of thoughts.

I call back to the rise in crime rates after the release of Grand Theft Auto V to support my case.

Some people are more sensitive than most but the truth is that darker media only tends to influence badly those who were already likely to do shit anyway.

• Like 1

Reading the book again...started last week and I'm on page 350.  I'm really excited to see if they can nail the feel of the book.  Man, if they can....this is going to be one hell of a film.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, baumer said:

Reading the book again...started last week and I'm on page 350.  I'm really excited to see if they can nail the feel of the book.  Man, if they can....this is going to be one hell of a film.

Im doing the same. Just started Chapter 9 and as I do when re reading or reading a book before the movie I'm picturing the actors in their character roles and since the trailer showed us Derry, the Neibolt House, etc. I'm picturing them as they were shown. I truly think this is my most anticipated movie of the year.  

• Like 2

The kid from Midnight Special grew up pretty fast.

Currently reading the book as well. I am pacing myself so I finish it just before the movie comes out in September.

Edit: Who is ready for the Stephen King drinking game?!

Edited by Rorschach

Just saw the old movie for the first time. I don't know what people found scary about that clown, nothing in that movie screams scary at least to me.

Spoiler

And seriously though what the hell was the clown supposed to be in the end? A big ball of light? A giant spider? 

9 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Just saw the old movie for the first time. I don't know what people found scary about that clown, nothing in that movie screams scary at least to me. And seriously though what the hell

Most people saw it when they were little kids. Also, adults with phobias of clowns. I saw it about half a year ago. I didn't find it scary because of how campy it was but Tim Curry's performance and the child actors really stood out.

13 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

The kid from Midnight Special grew up pretty fast.

Currently reading the book as well. I am pacing myself so I finish it just before the movie comes out in September.

Edit: Who is ready for the Stephen King drinking game?!

Good God man that's been known to kill people. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2017 at 0:52 PM, jandrew said:

I'm not a big horror guy at all, but that was creepy as hell. It may not have my attention yet, but it has my curiosity. 

Do yall remember all those stories last summer of clown sightings in neighborhoods scaring kids all over the country? Yeah that was started in my city. Creepy as shit. 

Think this movie might spark it up again? 

THE NEXT PERSON WHO GIVES OUT ANY KIND OF BOOK SPOILERS....TV SPOILERS OR ANY KIND OF SPOILERS ABOUT THIS FILM IS GETTING WARNING POINTS.  HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO MENTION NOT TO DISCUSS WHAT THE BOOK ENTAILS?  

@DMan7

• Like 2

3 hours ago, baumer said:

THE NEXT PERSON WHO GIVES OUT ANY KIND OF BOOK SPOILERS....TV SPOILERS OR ANY KIND OF SPOILERS ABOUT THIS FILM IS GETTING WARNING POINTS.  HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO MENTION NOT TO DISCUSS WHAT THE BOOK ENTAILS?  

@DMan7

The movie has been out for 27 years.:mellow: