Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

Thanks baumer! Coming from someone who hasn't read the book yet, this is a really good idea. It also gives those who HAVE a chance to talk about it (heh). I imagine it would be frustrating for me not to be able to discuss an upcoming film based on a book I've already read. 

• Like 1

New images of Pennywise on set and in storyboard stuff. One shot looks like he's talking in it.

Will spoiler them for those who don't want to see but I'm hyped! 

Spoiler

o8tb2p.jpg

5ogh94.jpg

t5qb7k.jpg

2rnj976.jpg

4s1sw4.jpg

2ch5j5s.jpg

3468izo.jpg

fkt8up.jpg

Really hoping he has his iconic sharp teeth. The picture of him smiling from the sewer looks like it. 

There's a bunch of other images from set of the cast including what looks to be another creature but figured Pennywise is what people wanted to see.

Really excited for this.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

So has anyone figured out why the trailer to this blew up, beyond being uncommonly effective for the genre? It's not like the previous movie has much of a nostalgia draw for my generation, and I'm the wrong side of 30...

It took off since the original is ingrained in the minds of the generation that grew up with it (people born in the mid 80s/mid 90s). A lot of people my age (in my early 30s) know who Pennywise is and many have a fear of clowns because of him. When I watched reactions, most remembered the original right from the opening scene of the trailer. The teaser being effective made it go viral but nostalgia definitely played a part.

4 hours ago, Hatebox said:

So has anyone figured out why the trailer to this blew up, beyond being uncommonly effective for the genre? It's not like the previous movie has much of a nostalgia draw for my generation, and I'm the wrong side of 30...

I don't have an answer for that.  I can tell you personally why I'm excited for the movie, but I had no idea this many others felt the same as I do.  

• Like 1

The hype is definitely real. I had no idea this many people were fans of the book but now that the trailer has dropped I've spoken to a lot of people my age and say that they are seriously excited to see the movie in September. I know that's an unscientific way of gauging things but it definitely means something.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harley said:

This movie has a massive nostalgia factor going for it. The first one was a pretty good adaption of a King novel. It'll be hard to top Curry's performance.  It should break all records for September. 

Deadline is going to have a lot of fun with wordplay around 'It'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

The hype is definitely real. I had no idea this many people were fans of the book but now that the trailer has dropped I've spoken to a lot of people my age and say that they are seriously excited to see the movie in September. I know that's an unscientific way of gauging things but it definitely means something.

A lot of the college group and younger are just kind of aware "It" exists, familiar with the character and the creepy premise but haven't actually seen or read anything. That said they are incredibly interested in the movie.

Will be huge.

• Like 2

They keep showing as little as possible from this movie with every new vid with all that slow burn suspense build up. I hope that type of marketing pays off in the end, it has worked so well for trailer views so far tho.

Edited by DMan7