Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

2 hours ago, Tyrian said:

Producer / Directors sister talking about why Bill hasnt done promotion for the film thus far.

Short verion: See evil monster first ---  see super handsome, young, well spoken well mannered man playing evil monster later.

Super handsome are not exactly words I would had used to describe someone who looks like he could be the son of Steve Buscemi. Now if it was his brother Alexander on the other hand...

Edited by ban768

6 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I Am Legend, World War Z, and Signs are all star vehicle blockbuster genre pics, they aren't horror movies. Hannibal, maybe. If this beats 52m of Paranormal Activity 3, then I give it the title for highest opener of a "true" horror, but to each their own.

6 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

I Am Legend and World War Z are like post-apocalyptic action adventure movies.  I don't see why they'd be listed as horror. Signs is actual horror. I'd give that the nod. 

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Hannibal ain't a horror movie, not really.

Yeah it's hard for everyone to decide.

World War Z is a zombie film so some class it as horror, it definitely follows the tropes of one, I Am Legend is listed as horror on most websites. Signs is a horror IMO, but is listed as a sci-fi drama. 

It's difficult because then do we include Resident Evil 6? Prometheus is listed as SciFi Adventure and Mystery on IMDb but Covenants first listed genre is horror. 

Edited by Krissykins

I've been following the Fandango Box Office Meter for the past week or so, and I've noticed a pattern in the sales: It appears during the day The Hitman's Bodyguard dominates the sales, and you see a few sales of IT here in there but as it approaches night time the IT sales start to increase, and at around midnight/12:00PM EST, IT starts to completely dominate and basically takes Hitman's spot and more. Even when Hitman is getting sales during the day it does not dominate as hard as IT does when it comes to night time. Annabelle Creation's sales also increase by a bit during night time. 

I was wondering how Fandango works exactly..? Based on this pattern it seems it doesn't show live sales, but the time of screening maybe? because horror movies do tend to be for night time. I don't know because that doesn't really sound right either.. so if anyone would want to explain that'd be great.

EDIT: I decided to count the sales for a quick minute(3:20AM EST) and they are as follows (they have been going at this pace for the past few hours so even though I only recorded for a minute, this isn't skewed):

IT: 38 sales

Annabelle Creation: 4 sales

THB: 5 sales

Edited by We0uthere

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Yeah it's hard for everyone to decide.

World War Z is a zombie film so some class it as horror, it definitely follows the tropes of one, I Am Legend is listed as horror on most websites. Signs is a horror IMO, but is listed as a sci-fi drama. 

It's difficult because then do we include Resident Evil 6? Prometheus is listed as SciFi Adventure and Mystery on IMDb but Covenants first listed genre is horror. 

World War Z is not a horror movie just like Resident Evil 6 is not a horror game. But I'd say World War Z has some horror elements while RE6 has none. The scene where Brad has to get the virus from the closed section of the lab where there is zombie's everywhere is the scene that gave me the heebie jeebies. As for I Am Legend , I think it's a thriller but with some horror sprinkled all over. Signs didn't give me a horror movie vibe , we barely see the "scary aliens" and the story wasn't really focused on the alien invasion horror.

1 hour ago, We0uthere said:

I've been following the Fandango Box Office Meter for the past week or so, and I've noticed a pattern in the sales: It appears during the day The Hitman's Bodyguard dominates the sales, and you see a few sales of IT here in there but as it approaches night time the IT sales start to increase, and at around midnight/12:00PM EST, IT starts to completely dominate and basically takes Hitman's spot and more. Even when Hitman is getting sales during the day it does not dominate as hard as IT does when it comes to night time. Annabelle Creation's sales also increase by a bit during night time.

So, IT comes at night?

41 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

It's  kinda weird seeing the kids do marketing for this as they've clearly aged, look like teenagers now. Good thing they didn't need to back and do loads of reshoots.

Well they're going to have flashbacks for Part 2 and according to Muschietti they didn't film them during Part 1 which is a big mistake.  

34 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I hope Wrathofhan has his adult diapers ready, shitting himself out of fear without them would be quite embarrassing.

Look I know Han fucked up with that Wonder Woman prediction but he has no hate for WB unlike Kevin and he is definitely not a fanboy, just let him be.

• Like 3

This movie employs the LEAST alarming clown I've ever seen, lol.

After the CATASTROPHIC and oh so recent failure of the The Dark Tower, do people really expect something positive to come out of this project here?

PS: Now here's a scary clown:

1291.max.jpg

Edited by shayhiri

18 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

After the CATASTROPHIC and oh so recent failure of the The Dark Tower, do people really expect something positive to come out of this project here?

1291.max.jpg

So far everything is pointing to it being a critical and financial success. And not really fair to compare IT to TDT since it did everything wrong while IT seems to be doing everything right. And the clown is supposed to come off as unalarming at first. The book even mentions IT uses this form to bait kids in. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

1291.max.jpg

Yes, many of us "really" do...that is until I saw this comic book cover you posted which changed my mind

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

1291.max.jpg

Smh....