CJohn

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension | Oct 23, 2015 | Regal Cinemas and Cinemark to boycott the movie | 1350 Estimated TC

Just watched The Marked Ones. I thought it was great actually. The first half hour was just genius comedy, I was laughing throughout. Then when shit gets real, it got real. But this left me even more confused as to what the hell is going in this franchise. I liked it, but it just presented more questions than answers than even the last one had. Still will catch PA5 in theaters, hopefully it starts patching things up, but not completely. Leave the grand finale for the sixth and final one.

• Like 1

Just watched The Marked Ones. I thought it was great actually. The first half hour was just genius comedy, I was laughing throughout. Then when shit gets real, it got real. But this left me even more confused as to what the hell is going in this franchise. I liked it, but it just presented more questions than answers than even the last one had. Still will catch PA5 in theaters, hopefully it starts patching things up, but not completely. Leave the grand finale for the sixth and final one.

Wouldn't that technically be the 7th?

The series jump the shark after the 1st film.  But again look at the grosses and look at the budgets. It's just a smart business move to keep making these.   The problem is the really are milking it to death.  It also has gotten played out even faster than the "Saw" series did. Should of kept the Holloween/Oct release date also.  

Edited by filmscholar

The series jump the shark after the 1st film.  But again look at the grosses and look at the budgets. It's just a smart business move to keep making these.   The problem is the really are milking it to death.  It also has gotten played out even faster than the "Saw" series did. Should of kept the Holloween/Oct release date also.  

Sorry bud, but how can you say that?  The second one is not just a sequel that retells the same story, it furthers it and imo is better and scarier than the first.  The third is good and THEN it starts to jump the shark.

Paranormal Activity 3----Paranormal Activity----Paranormal Activity 2-----Paranormal Activity 4------Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones

I think it was a big mistake doing a spin-off.

But hey, the spin off made $90m+ worldwide on a budget of $5m. Why would they stop?

I hope one day it can reclaim it's former box office glory. But Saw couldn't.