Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

2 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

I'm actually surprised you disagree with me. 

I never thought of blockbuster movies as being compared to fuckin' Olive Garden. lol.

True story: we had dinner at Olive Garden for the first time in years last year. I forgot what a basic restaurant that was.

14 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Obviously it demands on how people define "quality filmmaking", as opposed to perhaps "competent filmmaking".

Franchise blockbusters are basically the Olive Garden of movies. 

Blockbusters are the backbone of the movie theater experience.

How much are you looking forward to this particular blockbuster?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Obviously it demands on how people define "quality filmmaking", as opposed to perhaps "competent filmmaking".

Franchise blockbusters are basically the Olive Garden of movies. 

Dark Knight trilogy = breadsticks of franchise blockbusters. 

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I never thought of blockbuster movies as being compared to fuckin' Olive Garden. lol.

What would you equate them to? Huge chain aimed at the broadest of demos, sells decent (for a chain) food that's not particularly healthy, nor particularly accurate to its originating cuisine except in broad strokes, but it's not horrific. It's competent. It's enjoyable if taken on its own level and if you don't eat it constantly. 

With rare exceptions, that's basically most blockbuster filmmaking. 

• Like 3

The fact that movies are now more than ever separated in boxes by words like blockbusters, tentpoles, indies, Oscah Movies, auteurs, yaddi yadda is absolutely horrible to me.

I fucking hate it.

To me every movie is a piece of art, every single one of them.

And every director is an artist., every single one of them.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

What would you equate them to? Huge chain aimed at the broadest of demos, sells decent (for a chain) food that's not particularly healthy, nor particularly accurate to its originating cuisine except in broad strokes, but it's not horrific. It's competent. It's enjoyable if taken on its own level and if you don't eat it constantly. 

With rare exceptions, that's basically most blockbuster filmmaking. 

For some reason, whenever I read your posts declaring the state of the modern blockbuster, I think back to those emails from those Sony executives complaining about how much they hate making Adam Sandler's movies. :lol:

11 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The fact that movies are now more than ever separated in boxes by words like blockbusters, tentpoles, indies, Oscah Movies, auteurs, yaddi yadda is absolutely horrible to me.

I fucking hate it.

To me every movie is a piece of art, every single one of them.

And every director is an artist., every single one of them.

Even Manchester by the Sea?