A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Just caught Shazam at the Singapore premiere.

Lots of fun, lots of laughs, lots of surprises, good amount of action.

For the China market taste, I think Maoyan score will be safely above 8.5, wouldn’t be surprised if it hovers above 9. Even if it doesn’t break out, I believe it will do well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Credible?

I'll keep my fingers crossed but not expecting it. Can you imagine if it did though? 

Worldwide opening would be north of $800 million. Also, it would help the legs because there's a major holiday the weekend of May 1st (I believe). Can you share any insight on what it would mean if this turns out to be true @Gavin Feng (legs, holidays, how does it change the expected BO)? 

39 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I'll keep my fingers crossed but not expecting it. Can you imagine if it did though? 

Worldwide opening would be $950-1050 million. Also, it would help the legs because there's a major holiday the weekend of May 1st (I believe). Can you share any insight on what it would mean if this turns out to be true @Gavin Feng (legs, holidays, how does it change the expected BO)? 

Fify.

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

Fify.

I’d love that, but I can’t see it. XR is worse today than it was in 2018 for most of the places Endgame will be huge. Add China in IW worldwide opening and we get $840m. Can’t see it going over $100m beyond that when current XR would put that number below $800m.

• Disbelief 1

41 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I’d love that, but I can’t see it. XR is worse today than it was in 2018 for most of the places Endgame will be huge. Add China in IW worldwide opening and we get $840m. Can’t see it going over $100m beyond that when current XR would put that number below $800m.

Unbelievable and extraordinary things are going to happen. 

• Disbelief 1

Mon-Wed for CM

Should do 4+ today for 1003+ cume

20 weekend + 8 next Mon-Thu ?

Don't know if it will be in theatres after that but 1030-1045 looks like the total ($153-155).

Edited by a2k
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Could be a lot more. Gavin says BR is going wide (not sure how many shows) on the 30th. Maoyan isn't showing any expansion yet though for the weekend.

Bohemian Rhapsody will get wide theatrical release plan from March 30th in China.

:)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Thanks 1

Coco at 9.6 wow.

I don't understand this market but it is so interesting. Not a knock on Coco, I loved that film and agree with it 100%. Really seems like a emphasis to appreciate quality besides a few exceptions that don't relate perhaps. I mean Coco almost did more in China than America.