Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

5 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Truth be told I had zero interest until John signed up so I'm mostly happy with this snippet so far, but even with the legit complaints about the robots, so far, from 2 seconds of footage, it looks pretty cartoonishly entertaining to me.

2 minutes ago, Cookson said:

This is my main concern with this film. You know the budget at max is like 100m for this. Worried the robots are going to look cartoony vs "clunky". The clunkyness is what I loved about the first one.

Yeah the ones in the first one seemed dare I say, realistic? How slow they were and how clunky they moved added to their charm. 

3 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Truth be told I had zero interest until John signed up so I'm mostly happy with this snippet so far, but even with the legit complaints about the robots, so far, from 2 seconds of footage, it looks pretty cartoonishly entertaining to me.

To me it's not that the movie can't be entertaining, it's more of what was the point? The first did nothing at the box  office. LP could have gotten this same cast and done a low scale 75-100m MonsterVerse film to expand the universe theyre trying to get going more. That's another topic though.

• Like 1

Just now, Cookson said:

To me it's not that the movie can't be entertaining, it's more of what was the point? The first did nothing at the box  office. LP could have gotten this same cast and done a low scale 75-100m MonsterVerse film to expand the universe theyre trying to get going more. That's another topic though.

Understandable, I see that point. I'm not even a huge fan of the first one, and there are plenty of other sequels I would have rather had made by WB before this one that probably would have been cheaper.

A MV movie outside of Godzilla or Kong would have been cool. Are there any other monsters they could have used or would it have to be a new one from scratch? I just (vaguely) know what Universal owns regarding that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Understandable, I see that point. I'm not even a huge fan of the first one, and there are plenty of other sequels I would have rather had made by WB before this one that probably would have been cheaper.

A MV movie outside of Godzilla or Kong would have been cool. Are there any other monsters they could have used or would it have to be a new one from scratch? I just (vaguely) know what Universal owns regarding that.

The MV is actually a WB/LP thing. As far as another monster besides Godzilla or Kong, I'm sure theres something they could do.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Welp, with that small clip you can definitely tell the cgi won't be as slick as the first film. It looks somewhere in between Power Rangers and Pacific Rim 1 type of SFX.

Anyone want to guess the budget? Thinking 100m.

It's much more like Power Rangers. Looks absolutely ridiculous. GdT movie at least tried to get some sense of "what if" realism but this is simply imitating TF and Rangers. No sense of distinction whatsoever. I bet many people will mistake it for either Rangers or TF. Just watch. 

At least they were smart enough to run the fuck away from Black Panther cause that would stomp this turd into a pancake. 

000266649hr1.jpg?w=4335

Look at him looking at the camera and staring at your soul right there while wind blows over him; he's hot and he knows it boys! The sexy mustache is just the icing on the cake.

This is looking so cheesy, are they trying to go for a Transformers vibe here? It certainly seems that way.

Edited by Arlborn

Wow I saw the full trailer when I went to see Blade Runner. It was awful, the visuals were such a downgrade. Honestly almost felt like an asylum parody of the first one (I know there's already one with Atlantic Rim). The dialogue sounded dumb as hell and it looked way too corny. 

• Like 1