Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

This is embarrassing. Truly embarrassing. Someone thought they could do the Avengers via Transformers and the result is this shit. I can't say what's worse - the speech, the faux Avengers shots, the desperate reveal that there's OMG BIIIIG Kaiju, the bland as fuck cast. Pass.

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This is embarrassing. Truly embarrassing. Someone thought they could do the Avengers via Transformers and the result is this shit. I can't say what's worse - the speech, the faux Avengers shots, the desperate reveal that there's OMG BIIIIG Kaiju, the bland as fuck cast. Pass.

The trailer is just real bad...I just cannot believe this franchise ends on the second entry. 

Damn, this looks looks ....cheap. While watching i was thinking "This has to be the job of a tv director" ...and what do you know, i was right. This left a bad taste in my mouth, so i just re-watched the first movies trailer - it was awesome.

13 minutes ago, antovolk said:

yes @grim22

Meh.

After the ridiculously hyperbolic reactions, you'd think this looked like a SyFy production.

It does not.

What I see is as if Power Rangers had been done witha mid-tier DCEU or MCU budget.

Nothing groundbreaking as far as F/X goes, but nothing that merits the "OMG! HOW AWFUL!" hyperbole...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

looks like a DTV sequel. Just has this cheap look to it

Wonder if they will eke out a profit with this or this is another Hunstman: Winter's War

Winter's War was never going to do well In China while Atlantic Rim 2 is made for China, obviously. That's probably the only market where it's going to do well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

looks like a DTV sequel. Just has this cheap look to it

Wonder if they will eke out a profit with this or this is another Hunstman: Winter's War

I wouldn't be surprised of this does what The Circle and Hitman's Bodyguard did and goes straight to Netflix in some territories. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Winter's War was never going to do well In China while Atlantic Rim 2 is made for China, obviously. That's probably the only market where it's going to do well.

it should do well in China but it is not guaranteed to increase over the first

better wish this movie has a closed ending because I doubt there will be a third film

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Will this even get IMAX? Tomb Raider and RPO have IMAX contracts either side of this movie, not getting IMAX would be killer for this.

IMAX is now releasing films for shorter periods of time. So weekly IMAX releases back to back are more likely now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Meh.

After the ridiculously hyperbolic reactions, you'd think this looked like a SyFy production.

It does not.

What I see is as if Power Rangers had been done witha mid-tier DCEU or MCU budget.

Nothing groundbreaking as far as F/X goes, but nothing that merits the "OMG! HOW AWFUL!" hyperbole...

After 10 years of Transformers im used to my giant CG robots not looking like PS4 cutscenes. The green screen shots are way too obvious here too.

• Like 1