Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

4 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Hunnam's best movie role is in Children Of Men.

Charlie-Hunnam-Children-of-Men.jpg

That was some A-grade character acting up here. It took me 10 years after seeing the movie to recognize him.

That was Charlie Hunnam? I didn't even realize that until when I rewatched Children of Men a few months ago, and that was before anyone even really knew who he was. He's indeed nearly unrecognizable.

52 minutes ago, AJG said:

The guy that plays superman has one more chance before I add him to the bland actors list.

edit: I can’t remember his name for the life of me. Mark Something?

at least henry cavill is absolutely out of this world beautiful

Scott Eastwood, charlie humann, the dude from grey's are so boring

Just now, Morieris said:

I love when the topic divulges into "bland white men actors who keep getting chances after being in shit movies"*

*as long as we're not talking about my faves. 

but then again those movies would also flop with black actors so... what is hollywood supposed to do?

24 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

That was some A-grade character acting up here. It took me 10 years after seeing the movie to recognize him.

:ohmygod:

That never occurred to me! That's awesome! 

• Like 1

So I just watched this movie in IMAX 3d..and just like TR I went in with no expectations. Was pleasantly surprised. The action/vfx was awesome,  boyega and the young girl had some personality. It was a fun time. Just wished we had gotten more kaijus and some more time with the other cadets. 8/10.

I have been very happy with my movie experiences this year.

BP - 7.5/10 (went in with high expectations)

TR - 8/10 (no expectations)

PRU - 8/10 (no expectations)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I don't get Hollywood. They keep trying to make the same type of bland leading man a success, fail, rinse reepat. Like, if it didn't work 2 times why do they think it will work 20th time? 

Probably because Hollywood think these actors look handsome....but...it doesn’t always lead to great acting. They only get picked because they ”look” good, not ”act” good.

Why not choose actors with great acting like the old actors from the good old days? Sure, those kind may not be complete eye-candles for the ladies, but they are very charismatic since they have been in movie business longer and in many more movies. Hence why the oldies have better experience.

Both PR:U and ID4 2 deserve to bomb cause they are cash grabs starring actors that Hollywood is forcing down our throats. Liam Hemsworth, Boyega and I'm not gonna even contemplate you know who. Liam got completely outclassed by his bro and Boyega is completely outclassed by MBJ, Don Glover, Kaluuya, even Winston Duke did more with M'Baku than Boyega with Finn in 2 movies. he lucked out with SW so that gave him a boost but between 2015 and 2018, other and much better black actors in similar age range emerged and people started to notice. I see quite a few Audience Score Comments going "not gonna watch cause of Boyega" so it doesn't look like he's catching as much fire as Hollywood believed. PR:U budget is ridiculously high for a sequel with no stars and to a movie that wasn't huge anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Drexl Spivey's son survived.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Haha 1

Did this have Thursday evening Preview/Midnights? I didn't see a number?

I'm all for thinking this can finish sub $20m OW. Low demand film on the heels of a poorly received domestic entry.

It was made for the Overseas market and now Chinas initial receipts are coming in low.

Flop on all fronts inbound.

6 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Hunnam was very good in The Lost City of Z. Some of these "bland actors", can be good under the right direction. 

When Hunnam works with mediocre directors like Guillermo Del Toro, twice, he s useless you are quite right.

Edited by The Futurist

legit at least taylor kitsch had friday night lights and joel kinnaman had the killing. those were shows that made me think it makes sense why people thought that guy could do blockbusters. never watched it but apparently jai courtney is good in spartacus... but scott eastwood doesn't even have a thing like those guys had a thing. even chris klein had election! scott eastwood just sucks ass and gets roles for being the cuck version of his dad.

• Like 1