Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

54 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The meltdowns tonight are gonna be LEGENDARY.

D&D will be fired from Star Wars by the end of the year.

the fact that they messed up the end of this show so bad because they wanted to move on to fucking star wars is really quite amazing, a franchise that is completely out of ideas.

• Like 1

i'm guessing killng eve, succession, ozark, this is us, better call saul can all get nominated too? as much as i'd like for Eve, Saul or succession to win none of them really have any buzz. gotta be honest and admit they'll get nominations as filler cos every other big show took a year off.

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm guessing killng eve, succession, ozark, this is us, better call saul can all get nominated too? as much as i'd like for Eve, Saul or succession to win none of them really have any buzz. gotta be honest and admit they'll get nominations as filler cos every other big show took a year off.

This Is Us' will probably get nominated but the 3rd season was easily the weakest by far. Killing Eve is also having a meh 2nd season but it will get nominated for sure, I actually think it can win with the backlash GoT is getting. Ozark won't get nominated, the 2nd season was straight up bad. 

I don't watch Saul or know what Succession is.

Edited by CJohn

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This Is Us' will probably get nominated but the 3rd season was easily the weakest by far. Killing Eve is also having a meh 2nd season but it will get nominated for sure, I actually think it can win with the backlash GoT is getting. Ozark won't get nominated, the 2nd season was straight up bad. 

@DAR this is unacceptable.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

ozark is bad and will probably be nominated. it's probably #2 or #3 most likely tbh. jason bateman is the frontrunner to win too.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

I like Bateman a lot but I still haven't seen Ozark. Is it bad? I still haven't even seen Arrested Dev. season 5 since I feel like it'll taint the first 3

ozark is kinda everything wrong with the current prestige television in that it's a show that feels like someone watched breaking bad and was like "i could do that". it's a show that knows what those great golden age shows look and sound like but it's pretty empty. houes of cards was the same deal tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

I like Bateman a lot but I still haven't seen Ozark. Is it bad? I still haven't even seen Arrested Dev. season 5 since I feel like it'll taint the first 3

I contemplated watching Ozark back when it premiered but dunno, never got around to it. Get the feeling I'm not missing much. And I would just advise against checking out season 5 of Arrested Development at all, the first half was so painful that I'll never get around to watching the second.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

June 5.

So....not eligible? 🤔

The drama series category is a wasteland. All the best stuff these days are limited series.

Edited by MrPink

Just now, MrPink said:

So....not eligible? 🤔

The drama series category is a wasteland. All the best stuff these days are limited series.

For real. There's bound to be a snub in the Limited Series this year with how packed it is.

I think the GOT finale will turn out fine. Just have to put yourself in the mindset that the previous episode made complete sense. 

Can’t wait for BLL S2 though. Looks promising. Might rewatch S1 again. If all these upcoming shows are out of eligibility for this year’s Emmy’s, they’ll be competing with each other next year, which is more exciting than having 1 front runner. That’s assuming they’re all good to great. 

• Haha 1

I’m one of those who liked the last episode and this season.   I’m doing a rewatch of the last episode   But that fight between Jamie and Euron is just bad 

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2

I predict this will go about as well as those attempts to "remake" The Last Jedi (aka not at all).

The only way we'll ever get an alternate version of this season is if (key word being "if") Martin ever publishes the last two books and they're drastically different from the series.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I predict this will go about as well as those attempts to "remake" The Last Jedi (aka not at all).

The only way we'll ever get an alternate version of this season is if (key word being "if") Martin ever publishes the last two books and they're drastically different from the series.

I haven’t read the books but 

Spoiler

I thought Martin has said they follow similar beats

• Like 1