Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

6 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

So, how fast was that raven? This episode, will be in the middle of all episodes in got. Other than NK throw and Vis death, it was not that great.I was expecting them to have sex right there.

:wintf:

She's selling it a lot better than he is, but they don't have much romantic chemistry at all. Compare to Jon/Ygritte.

^^^ Spoiler tags, man.

21 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

:wintf:

She's selling it a lot better than he is, but they don't have much romantic chemistry at all. Compare to Jon/Ygritte.

I dunno. They've got me convinced. Their chemistry has worked really well in my opinion. Their scenes together are probably my favourite from Emilia in the whole series. 

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I just rewatched it and so loved it. Like I previously said, flaws were there but at the same time the interaction between characters was great. Especially Danny and John. I get how the Sansa-Arya stuff  felt forced but as a passionate hater of Sansa, there was some guilty pleasure in there.

JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON

Spoiler

JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON 

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

20 minutes ago, misafeco said:

JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON JON

Reveal hidden contents

What a spelling nazi you are!!

• Astonished 1

Im back and forth on Arya, and either way I think works.

I am leaning on, she was duped at first but then went to drill Sansa (with the Gane of Faces) for the truth.  Sansa won, Arya seed she wasn't lying, and so Arya gives her Catspaw as both an intimidation tactic and a trust tactic. She lets Sansa know she can kill her if she ever tries anything stupid (or if she wanted to), but then also lets her know she's not going to and doesn't want to.

Maybe not the healthy way to see if Sansa is lying or not, but you have to think of Arya's background.  For the last 4-5 seasons or so she's only been around killers, she hasn't had much normal social interaction, and she's gotten out of all of her problems by taking down her enemies.  She's vengeance driven, and not psychologically healthy.  She's not going to make the most rational decisions the second she's thrown back into a "normal"/political situation.  While her actions are frustrating, they make sense, I just wish there had been more time to develop them emotionally. (I actually think this arc was from GRRM, except he gave the brief summary of it, and so they're doing a brief summary version)

I also think this could also be a game by Arya to trick and lure our Littlefinger.  I think she may have recognized what his plan was and is letting him feel comfortable, like it's working, so he might act out.

Also, the raven time actually made sense if you think about it.  They were traveling slowly and zig zaggy, they weren't going for distance they were likely trying to find the closest Wight to Eastwatch.  Gendry ran a straight shot, while the rest of the crew got stuck on that island.  That would have given them over 5 days on that island, which would be enough time for the ice to re-freeze + the time it was frozen before the Hound started chunking rocks.

The plan was both stupid, yet necessary.  They needed Dany to see the army of the dead, they really did need something to show Cersei in order for a truce to be theoretically possible, and plot wise we needed an ice dragon to up the danger (and maybe that's what they need to break through the wall).  It was one of those ideas that was "Yeah, this is insane, but we're out of time and need this done."

Edited by El Panda Machos
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

rooting for the night king tbh. only major player who isn't a dumbass at this point. 

Yeah, every major protagonist/antagonist aside from NK is taking turns holding the idiot ball.

Some supporting players are still intelligent but either they have no influence or no one ever listens to them.

4 hours ago, Joel M said:

Overall a very good episode. 

Hide contents

The plan was a huge stupid risk from the moment Tyrion proposed it and pretty much an excuse to make the suicide squad happen. It depends on how much you liked the action/banter beyond the Wall as to whether you'll let it slide or not. For me it was worth it for the Tormund-Hound scene alone, this seemed like the episode that Tormund will die because he was so awesome all the way through, I lost it at his mortal peril scene.

Also i'm on board the Jon-Dany incest train after this episode.

Tormund-Hound were priceless. 

You have sad eyes.

You just want to suck my dick.

????

Cock is dick.

Dick. I like it.

I bet you do.

:bravo:

Bonus: "Walking is good. Fighting is better. Fucking's the best." And then hints that he switches both ways. :D

OK, so the episode was a mixed bag for me. I loved it overall, enough to see it multiple times, but damn this "someone does something stupid to move the plot forward". Hound throwing the rock, really. However, that got redeemed by the best mini character Skeleton Wight. he was awesome, the mini MVP. OTOH, Arya-Sansa-LF Non Drama is a chore. It's undramatic. As if Arya would cut Sansa. LOL. Just stretchign things for no particular reason.

Jonerys is real. I think they'll have a baby in Season 8. Like a twist on that she cannot have kids. But Targ + Targ could.

Viserion death was devastating. So sad. The dragon looks photo real. 

Deus ex Benjen. is that why he was kept alive? :rofl:

Also, where did "kill a WW, kill all he turned" come from? A cheap vampire movie? There was no indication that anyone but NK turned wights. Also, that's such convenience. 

But whatever. The show's still awesome.

Edited by Valonqar

I don't know if it's worth complaining that characters are idiots.  Because that's actually realistic 100% of people are idiots, at least at multiple points in their lives.

I honestly get annoyed when there's omnicscient heros and villains that know how to counter everything.  I think all we need to do is look at our government to realize people in power are really just idiots winging it all.

Theres a few irritating character choices this season that don't make sense though.  But a lot of the ones people are complaining about do make sense.  From Theon jumping to Arya acting like a hotheaded psychopath, to Jon stupidly playing hero, a lot of them are legit directions to take the characters based on their paths.

If anything I'm more annoyed about close calls that should have ended in death, but conveniently don't.  From Jaime not drowning, to Tormund surviving, to Jon getting saved in the knick of time twice, also the convenient red shirts.  I think a few of those would have been fine, but not all of them.  I can get over it, but it gets to the point where the "how lucky" becomes blatant plot armor.  That and a couple episodes this season have been really rushed (Eastwatch, Stormborn, parts of Queen's Justice), I think an extra episode's worth of material could have really helped the pacing.

Edited by El Panda Machos
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Kit and emilia are selling that shit too good. I was expecting them to have sex right there.

I think a lot of people are missing that moment when Dany pulls away from Jon when he clearly wanted to hold her hand?

Looks like the Aunt/Nephew thing is canceled to me.

• Like 2