DAR

Disney's Pete's Dragon | August 12, 2016

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I don't give a flying shit about it. Plus, tell me more about my curse affecting Pets? Oh yeah, right, it did opened with 100M and will close over 300M. 

You could feel some sense of massive hype building for Pets though (given how long they promoted it). This clearly isn't one of Disney's tentpoles judging by how they've been going about it.

Personally I'm seeing a run similar to Freaky Friday '03. $30M/$110M.

This snippet makes it sound enjoyable!

One of the year's most delightful moviegoing surprises, a quality family film that rewards young people's imaginations and reminds us of a time when the term "Disney movie" meant something. [/url]

First BDH tames T-Rex, now she tames a Dragon...let's see some more running in heels while we're at it...Bryce is killing it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James said:

The shot is beautiful. The CGI is horrendous. After getting Smaug and even the dragons in GoT, that looks horrible. I know this must be a kiddie version but it still looks so damn cheap!

I'm not seeing it. Looks great to me, though it's hard to tell from a small image like that. I've seen quite a few shots of Elliot and I've yet to see one that looked bad.

• Like 1

The CGI so far looks good. In that particular shot it looks very good. If you look for "horrendous CGI", there are many other films to look at. 

There are only a very few shots in the trailers that looked a bit fake, but not distractingly bad, IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fastclock said:

That is just your opinion.

Lol, it is an observation. WETA also made Smaug and that didn't look like a puppet. But I guess this was pretty cheap so they couldn't really afford that much.

Lol, it is an observation. WETA also made Smaug and that didn't look like a puppet. But I guess this was pretty cheap so they couldn't really afford that much.

Smaug was bad and Elliott is good, so it is ok to look more puppet-like [emoji6]

On August 1, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Arlborn said:

For anyone who may care, those Disney checks have started to come in:

TOMATOMETER

29 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Alice 2 had shit reviews.

Can't buy off the critics for EVERY movie.  People start to get suspicious that way. :ph34r:  Alice 2 was the fall guy to let the rest of the movies live.

Or, to put it another way.... 

2e92a77b_47674010.jpeg

• Like 4

On July 27, 2016 at 2:54 PM, filmlover said:

You could feel some sense of massive hype building for Pets though (given how long they promoted it). This clearly isn't one of Disney's tentpoles judging by how they've been going about it.

Personally I'm seeing a run similar to Freaky Friday '03. $30M/$110M.

Thatd be a decent run.

Fortunately Disney budgeted this movie appropriately.