AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

That's why I can't see it doing big money. It might open at over 30 million, which isn't going to be easy. With people seeing Ant-Man, Pan, Paper Town, Minions and Train-wreck still. But even if it does, with Mission Impossible 5 and Fantastic Four opening the next two weeks. It's going to drop off, they should have maybe moved this to mid August or came out with it in mid April.

I doubt Fantastic Four is going to be a huge factor period. 

Competition? You guys seriously think PAN will hurt this? That is if it doesnt move to the holidays. Pixels is even more original and i teresting than Ant Man. We havent seen something like this, itll be a big draw. Did yall not see the giant Pac Man?

MI5 isnt a direct casualty either. I wouldnt be suprised if this finished 2nd for July, after Minions of course. Pan may not even do Annie numbers.

Remember, its summer, and a hot summer at that...nothing doesnt have competition.

• Like 2

This is a $100 million movie. It will have to be really bad (even by Sandler standards) to bomb. This also has a completely different audience from movies like Trainwreck, Pan, Paper Towns etc. Ant-man will be direct competition but let us not pretend that it has some tremendous buzz and anticipation even if it is Marvel.

Edited by TLK

There was an ad for this on TV last night. It looked surprisingly funny, despite the fact that I can't stand Sandler and find the others unfunny. With good marketing to the '80s crowd it might do well, regardless of the critical reception.

• Like 1

Very curious to see how the Pac Man chase ultimately looks. Hope those guys watched Tokyo Drift enough and fitted their cars with NOS.

The question is will Pac Man have those seeds he can eat where the ghosts turn dark blue and edible?

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

This is a $100 million movie. It will have to be really bad (even by Sandler standards) to bomb. This also has a completely different audience from movies like Trainwreck, Pan, Paper Towns etc. Ant-man will be direct competition but let us not pretend that it has some tremendous buzz and anticipation even if it is Marvel.

If this is $100M then look at what would happen if it replicated his last few films:

Blended - would be a disaster

Grown Ups 2 - would just about be fine

That's My Boy - would only just gross half the budget = bomb of all bombs

Jack and Jill - would be a bomb

Just Go With It - OK but not exactly a hit

Grown Ups - would be a success

Funny People - would be a huge bomb

• Like 1

As I mentioned elsewhere. I get a Lego Movie vibe from the trialer... I think its just the concept and the fact that it reaches to the older crowd through accessing their childhoods, but looks exciting and colorful enough to make kids excited for it as well.

Very curious to see how the Pac Man chase ultimately looks. Hope those guys watched Tokyo Drift enough and fitted their cars with NOS.

The question is will Pac Man have those seeds he can eat where the ghosts turn dark blue and edible?

That's what I was thinking.  That would be hilarious.  They could also lure him with giant cherries or strawberries or something.