Neo

Point Break | December 25, 2015 | China Release on December 3rd, 3 weeks before the US.

That was odd. I thought the trailer had ended after the rock slide but for some reason it kept going.

And what's with the weird filter? Was the movie filmed in the Matrix?

Edited by C00k13

You'd think a film about extreme sports super criminals would have a vibrant color palette to match, but instead they went with desaturation. Weird.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros
  • Like 5

no one is asking the important question, will Teresa Palmer be naked and but up the main character like in the first movie? :P

or even maybe the guy gets naked, you never know ;)

But seriously, this looks like a weird combo of xXx and the original .  Except there are no charismatic people or catch like those movies had

no one is asking the important question, will Teresa Palmer be naked and but up the main character like in the first movie? :P

But seriously, this looks like a weird combo of xXx and the original . Except there are no charismatic people or catch like those movies had

You do know this new version is going to be PG-13. Right???? Edited by Red-Ops 9

Im not saying Imdb is reliable, in fact far from it, but if there is a grain of truth in any of these names, they definitely ended up scraping the bottom of the barrell.

Tom Hardy, Colin Farrell, Hugh Jackman, Jeremy Renner, Chris Hemsworth, and Garrett Hedlund were considered for the role of Bodhi.

Taylor Kitsch, Nicholas Hoult, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chris Pine, Chris Pratt, and Sam Claflin were considered for the role of Johnny Utah.

Margot Robbie, Brooklyn Decker, Imogen Poots, Jennifer Lawrence, and Anna Kendrick were considered for the role of Tyler

It looks generic but I'm gonna watch it just for the wingsuit scene. The original is a masterpiece. Hurt Locker is fine but Bigelow won her oscar for Point Break in my mind.

And Keanu is a talented actor, he's just not good for fake noses and oscar-baity stuff. He has done some amazing action movies and he was awesome in all of them.

This is going to bomb hard this Christmas.

In the Heart of the Sea/Star Wars Episode VII/The Revenant (action movies) 

Concussion/Snowden/Silence/The Danish Girl (adults - ones who grew up with the 1991 original) 

Where's the room for this to break out? Destined to do $20-30 million DOM max. 

Yep, I agree. Keep the movies style with bigger and more eye catching stunts but at least have Reeves link it to the original.

I'm serious too.  Take this same trailer, shot for shot just have Keanu playing Utah again and I'm telling you the buzz and reaction would of been way different.  Honestly based on the 1st one being a cult classic, they should of been thinking SEQUEL from the beginning.  Now I know Keanu is known for turning down "Bad Sequels" ala "Speed 2" so he may not have said yes.  But his career isn't where it was 10 years ago.  I honestly don't think Keanu would of said no to this now that I've seen the trailer.   Also nothing against Kurt Wimmer, I support all my screenwriters in Hollywood as I know writers don't get there true credit.  But he failed with "Total Recall" remake, it wasn't all his fault but he did write it.  Kurt, let's get away from remaking 90's Classics, OK?

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

This looks like a remake of Drop Zone by Xxx director more than Point Break only if those characters were not named Bodhi and Utah.

What's up with the muted color palette? It makes breathtaking natural landscapes look dull and drab , Point Break screams vivid! Vivid blue skies, emerald green and hot ocre clashing your retinas. Original Point Break is the movie that gives you the urge to grab a surfboard and ride the hell out of the Himalaya of wave. This trailer urges me to grab a beer and resume whatever I was doing to gain back my wasted time watching this.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 1

But seriously, this looks like a weird combo of xXx and the original .  Except there are no charismatic people or catch like those movies had

First time I saw her in the first scene, she look like Kristen Stewart.  And I was like she's in this film?  And yeah it feels like xXx and the original in a way.  I'm sure its for younger audience who never saw the original. 

• Like 1

It doesn't look as bad as it couldve been, but they really need a marketable star for this. Also kinda dumb that this is surfing movie, but like, there was soooo much more dirtbiking. And is jumping out of planes the new black?

I just want there to be more surfing! That was one of the coolest aspects of Point Break. I will enjoy this movie a lot if it can just have some really cool surf shots (that hopefully look amazing in 3D).

The stunts look awesome its just the cast is a black hole of charisma at least in that trailer.  Not having charisma is a huge deal when Bodhi played by Swayze very well might be the most charismatic character ever in an action movie. I would probably really be looking forward to this if it was called anything else instead of Point Break one of my 3 favorite movies.

• Like 1