CJohn

Sing | Dec. 21, 2016 | Illumination | Beats Moana domestic. The McConaissance Continues

3 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Jesus, that looks fucking terrible. 

Could they not have had actual voice actors try to sing instead of playing music clips and trying to match the mouths of the badly animated characters?

Zootopia will hurt this talking animal town.

Zootopia wont hurt it. Sing is being released during Christmas and will be one of the only family films, i think it looks cute and will probably do very well. 

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

This and Zootopia release 9 months apart. This will work well as the family consensus pick apart from Star Wars Rogue One. This will probably follow the "Daddy's Home" run, especially with the Stars associated with the movie promoting it.

Oh, yeah, it could definitely make money. Even Alvin and the Retread made $70m or something.

But, where it might have been a major blockbuster using a wide variety of animals that audiences don't generally see on screen, it will not be. Zootopia has that market cornered and a lot more thought evidently went into that than this, which is nothing more than sheer laziness. 

27 minutes ago, jandrew said:

This wouldve been HUGE 12 years ago when CGI animation and American Idol were in their prime. I mean huge. Now, not as much. Clever premise, but its a gimmick that can wear thin quickly. I see this under Pets.

Under Pets is locked and under 400M WW wouldn't surprise me. 

Harsh criticisms seeing as the film has only been shown to us in a 90 second trailer clip.... Will be entertaining if the critical reception is backwards between this and pets.

Most kids movies don't have very impressive trailers, but knowing Illumination's MO there's little reason for me to believe they're hiding something more interesting here. Garth Jennings isn't exactly Pete Docter.

I guess I will never get it - if the film doesn't appeal to you why be vocal about it. It's like the person who never watches horror movies constantly whining about the terrible horror films the studios put out. If everyone or every thing could be Pixar Gold standard then it would be boring and the standard wouldn't be special. I mean y'all are reacting like this is the second coming of Norm of the North...

• Like 2