Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

59 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Her initial circumstances were sympathetic but she was in the end an evil mastermind willing to murder millions to make her pipeline more profitable.

I think she was one of the more effective villains probably because before that she was one of the more believable love interests.

Sorry, meant Vesper was sympathetic - to the point where it's really a stretch to call her the villain at all. Haven't seen the film for years but as I recall all her actions were under duress?

Edited by Hatebox

7 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Sorry, meant Vesper was sympathetic - to the point where it's really a stretch to call her the villain at all. Haven't seen the film for years but as I recall all her actions were under duress?

Yes, Vesper wasn't a villain, she was being extorted with the threat of her lover's death.  

14 hours ago, LexJoker said:

Rami as villain? WTF. Is he playing a terrorist hacker or something, because I can't really place him as an action movie villain.

James Bond has often had villains who are not a physical threat to Bond. That's why they had big henchmen to do the stunt laden brawls.  Dr. No, Goldfinger, most Blofield appearances (including Spectre), Tomorrow Never Dies, Spy Who Loved Me, etc.

I don't think Malek needs to be typecast as a hacker type just because he plays one in Mr. Robot either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2019 at 12:10 AM, Ithil said:

James Bond has often had villains who are not a physical threat to Bond. That's why they had big henchmen to do the stunt laden brawls.  Dr. No, Goldfinger, most Blofield appearances (including Spectre), Tomorrow Never Dies, Spy Who Loved Me, etc.

I don't think Malek needs to be typecast as a hacker type just because he plays one in Mr. Robot either.

Exactly. The hacker villain was already done with Skyfall too.

He could be one of SPECTRE's men-young blood trying to seize control with Blofeld in prison?

I am really looking forward to Bond 25 and I love Daniel Craig. He got me into the world of Bond! Also I hope hes in it for a few more.

Regarding the future, I am going with Richard Madden for the new Bond. I think we need to go with someone younger again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Verrows said:

I am really looking forward to Bond 25 and I love Daniel Craig. He got me into the world of Bond! Also I hope hes in it for a few more.

Regarding the future, I am going with Richard Madden for the new Bond. I think we need to go with someone younger again. 

Yeah I'm a big fan of Craig and ideally we'd see a continuation of the story in Spectre in Bond 25, plus another entry or two with him. However, at the same time I see how it might be close to time to move on from him.

6 hours ago, Verrows said:

I'm still hesitant about Madden (I should probably see Bodyguard), but at least you're not going with the delusional Elba/Fassbender/big-name-from-a-franchise that gets suggested every so often.