Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

2 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Every time I see this thread title in notifications, my heart sinks because I think it got pushed AGAIN

Just did in Aus/NZ, Nov 11.

https://twitter.com/jamesbondlive/status/1428565552084119554?s=19

On the one hand, could be a sign to brace oneself - on the other, the situation with lockdown in AUS/NZ (70% of the market in lockdown and just their outlook on tackling Covid/bad situation with vaccines) leaves no choice and we know they are more open to a staggered global release than other titles

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Venom 2's delay was initially just for Australia before Sony decided to make it worldwide. Keep that in mind.

Are we going to start seeing a new wave of delays because of Australia? I hope not.

True but we do know Bond is generally more open to more staggered releases (last autumn's plan was to have UK/international two weeks before domestic, and that was the case for most of the recent films) - I'd imagine they're looking towards what Dune is doing with it being staggered across a month + two weeks.

3 hours ago, antovolk said:

Just did in Aus/NZ, Nov 11.

https://twitter.com/jamesbondlive/status/1428565552084119554?s=19

On the one hand, could be a sign to brace oneself - on the other, the situation with lockdown in AUS/NZ (70% of the market in lockdown and just their outlook on tackling Covid/bad situation with vaccines) leaves no choice and we know they are more open to a staggered global release than other titles

Sad but more time to watch all 24 other Bond films I suppose. Just finished Roger Moore's run of films. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Different release dates across the world work VERY well for F9, they should do for NTTD.

Delay to November worldwide seems dumb to be, especially just a week after Eternals. Where there wasn't lockdowns releasing before the flood of big movies in October is better, and then hold the movie where theaters are closed to release in better dates.

5 hours ago, antovolk said:

True but we do know Bond is generally more open to more staggered releases (last autumn's plan was to have UK/international two weeks before domestic, and that was the case for most of the recent films) - I'd imagine they're looking towards what Dune is doing with it being staggered across a month + two weeks.

They love to open them in the UK a week or two ahead because they can build buzz better off the UK reviews which are always stronger for Bond than the US ones.  A staggered release also works for the franchise since it's strongest in the older markets that aren't as affected by piracy.

• Like 1