AdamKendall

Space Jam: A New Legacy | July 16 2021 | WB | Malcolm D. Lee to direct, Ryan Coogler producing. Lebron James to star

7 hours ago, grim22 said:

Because the rape gang are pretty clearly with the bad guys? Pepe would have been with the good guys. It's not that hard to parse

Pretty easy to see. 

Edited by tonytr87

3 hours ago, Curtis1986 said:

Based on the reaction to trailer could this have had a chance at 100 million opening in normal times. Internet is living this. Forgot how much the original was a cult classic 

It would open big but most people would still be there if it was just Lebron and Looney Tunes. It's not the first time people on the internet overestimate how much GA cares if there's a massive ip dump in your movie. Just a few years ago RPO was gonna be really big and the Ralph sequel was gonna explode because of Disney princesses. Both ended up doing just fine.

5 minutes ago, Joel M said:

It would open big but most people would still be there if it was just Lebron and Looney Tunes. It's not the first time people on the internet overestimate how much GA cares if there's a massive ip dump in your movie. Just a few years ago RPO was gonna be really big and the Ralph sequel was gonna explode because of Disney princesses. Both ended up doing just fine.

The Disney Princess plug in the Ralph sequel was so forced and shameless....made it more hilarious  how it didn't help Box office numbers for that  film.

I've had more friends text and ask me about this movie (that know I am into box office and film) than any movie in at least two years. Grain of salt obviously - my friends are a diverse, NBA loving group who grew up in the mid-90s - but this shit is blowing up

• Like 2

As an 11-year old in 1997, I can attest to the original's VHS power. There's massive nostalgia among a WHOLE lotta people my age. There was also the soundtrack, which was absolutely massive. The trailer isn't any good but my first thought was "this will do very, very well." 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 5:47 PM, Jonwo said:

WB is making the Looney Tunes relevant again with the new shorts. I imagine the budget won't be more than $80-100m so Pikachu money would be more than good

Old message but:

https://cdn.film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2-0-Approved-Projects-List.pdf

It had a 100 millions in tax credit eligible spending in CA alone (the maximum it make sense tax credit wise), similar to say Netflix the Gray man or Bumblebee, add a very expensive above the line list of name and credits, but at the same time outside Lebron James seem to be a purely Los Angeles production, still look like a 120-130 or even 140m affair.