Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

It is the consistency of the SFX quality that's gonna be higher in the sequels i believe. Because again, there are shots in the original that look 100% believable.

While this is 100% true there's a lot more going on than that. The original is 'zoomed in' because of the limitations of the volume. Look at the depth too. Compare the two shots of them running up the vines.

14 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

The teaser further convinced me that I already saw the whole story for the sequel. A really really beautiful and powerful story. People probably get wired why Cameron suddenly do Fast and Furious stuff. But don't forget: Both Terminator 2 and Aliens are family-theme stories. One character may be not related to others, but they act and fight like a family against threats.

Ripley is not the mother of the little girl Newt, but her maternity and the desire for survival led her to fight their way out of the crazy planet. T-800 is not John's father, but he act like an old man instead of killing machine under the influence of the boy's moral restraint. In 3rd act, those characters get together to fight for the people and things they love. For Avatar 2, Cameron is going to do the same. A emotional and powerful story.

Can't wait for this.

I've always felt that all of his movies are love stories at their core.  Not strictly romance, though that is also present in most of them.

Terminator - romantic love story between Sarah and Kyle

Aliens and T2 - as you mentioned these are mother/daughter and father/son relationships at the core of the movie

True Lies - Harry and Helen!

Titanic - duh

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Pretty silly for the youtube trailer to only go up to 1080p isn't it?

Cameron owns the rights of Avatar, so he can decide on marketing, right? I'm surprised he didn't upload the 4k version on Vimeo like Reeves did.

1 minute ago, Grebacio said:

Cameron owns the rights of Avatar, so he can decide on marketing, right? I'm surprised he didn't upload the 4k version on Vimeo like Reeves did.

Nope, he has the right of Avatar, but Disney got the contract to the production & distribution. Which means disney in charge of marketing.

Can anyone think of any reasons why Disney would try sabotage Avatar?

7 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I've always felt that all of his movies are love stories at their core.  Not strictly romance, though that is also present in most of them.

Terminator - romantic love story between Sarah and Kyle

Aliens and T2 - as you mentioned these are mother/daughter and father/son relationships at the core of the movie

True Lies - Harry and Helen!

Titanic - duh

I don't think incest among kids are allowed on big screen or in real world or in Pandora

• Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Marketing is dictated by the distributor. 20th Century Studios owns the distribution rights to the Avatar sequels.

40 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

From what I have heard second hand there is a lot of angry people at Lightstorm on how DIS have handled this so far.

Chapek has a habit of putting out rakes and stepping on them. How he is the CEO of a massive company like Disney I have no idea.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Marketing is dictated by the distributor. 20th Century Studios owns the distribution rights to the Avatar sequels.

I'm convinced that Cameron's insistence is one of the only real things that's keeping the "20th Century [Formerly FOX] Studios" label alive...because the studio sure isn't there, anymore.  Disney is effectively handling all the key global marketing decisions, here.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Nope, he has the right of Avatar, but Disney got the contract to the production & distribution. Which means disney in charge of marketing.

Can anyone think of any reasons why Disney would try sabotage Avatar?

And for the 3rd time in two days Bob Chapek screws up and makes people mad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

The trailer is pulling strong numbers on Twitter, 1M on twitter already and doesn't look frontloaded at all like MCU flicks where most the views came from first 30 minutes.

The problem is the YouTube since they posted in the Avatar channel which have 66k subscribers. But at least it won't be frontloaded, should get strong views in the next days.

And yeah great trailer but the compression in just terrible, the 4K version i found is way better.

Judging by the number of likes, I'm pretty sure the main YouTube video is at least at 1.5 Million views (just do a comparison with the IGN trailer video on YouTube), but it was stuck at 5000 views or so for the longest time and still hilarious low, the update is just really slow, even more than normal, but the like count seems fine.

The video on Twitter is pass 3M now, doing so well!

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2