Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

59 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Complaining about the run time is just lazy. Cameron won't care and I'm with him. Not after a couple of years of covid. People are binge-watching trash for 8 straight hours. It wasn't a problem for GONE WITH THE WIND, BEN-HUR, APOCALYSE NOW, LOTR, TITANIC or DANCES WITH WOLVES.

Not all 3 hour movies are created equal.  For every LOTR, there's a Hobbit or a King Kong.  

I think Ebert said, "No good movie is too long and no bad movie is short enough."

55 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I honestly dont get the run time moaning. Its all over the place. You would think this is the first 3 hour movie. I honestly cant remember that much moaning about other 3 hour movies.

I aslo hope like other have said that Cameron doesnt take all this to heart and we start getting 130min AVATAR sequels or something, although like you suggested Alfred, Cameron will do what he wants i'm sure.

If all he needs to tell the story is 130 minutes, why would it need to be more??  Aliens is a BRISK as hell 137 minutes.  I mean, that thing moves and doesn't stop.  The SE is neat to see what he had originally envisioned(love me some sentry guns), but it's worse than the theatrical cut. 

I get not everything needs to have a breakneck pace, but more isn't always better.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hw64 said:

This is weak stuff, my man. You're not even getting any reactions -- step it up.

There have been people aggressively trolling these forums for 8 years saying this is gonna be the best Oscar winning film ever and make 3-5 billion dollars—we now know at least one of those isn't the case.  I'm sorry but it is kinda funny.

6 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

@Ozymandias is the “Rings of Power” script of BOT posters….

Reveal hidden contents

Didn't Cameron say Rings of Power was the best show he's ever seen?  That might've been an early warning sign tbh.

• Like 1

This negative review got bizarrely personal: "an uncomfortable truth about Cameron: He might preach environmentalism and balance, calling on Indigenous peoples for their gentle worldviews and material culture. But at heart, he’s just as aggressive and all-commanding as the bad guys he portrays with such oorah swagger."

The truth is out: James Cameron is a real-life supervillain!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

It would appear as though that the blogger bros are trying to take Big Jimbo down. 

I still dont know what negative comments Cameron said about Marvel but it was a bit silly by Jim to say whatever he said right before his new film is about to release.🙄

• Knock It Off 1

That's why I say to temper expectations. All those 3-4 billion WW numbers floating around here was based on the assumptiom that it would get overwhelmingly positive reception by critics and all. 

It has failed to do so for whatever reason.

And honestly, I am not seeing that positivity and excitement needed for this movie to truly breakout big time. I have doubts on is wom and legs as well. 

Won't be shocked if it does considerably less than expectations of certain folks. 

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

That's why I say to temper expectations. All those 3-4 billion WW numbers floating around here was based on the assumptiom that it would get overwhelmingly positive reception by critics and all. 

It has failed to do so for whatever reason.

And honestly, I am not seeing that positivity and excitement needed for this movie to truly breakout big time. I have doubts on is wom and legs as well. 

Won't be shocked if it does considerably less than expectations of certain folks. 

This movie will do 2 billion, and in the process cause certain folk to blame critics for while it didn't do better. 😂