Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Seeing the trailer for this is going to be surreal. 

lel

they'll probably spend the whole trailer announcing the re-release with a "return to pandora"-"relieve the experience" type blurb, before ending it all with a  "and on december 16" leading into the avatar 2 logo and subtitle over a very pretty background with some atmospheric music 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

lel

they'll probably spend the whole trailer announcing the re-release with a "return to pandora"-relieve the experience type thing and after the date for the re-release is announced it'll say "and on december 16" before showing the avatar 2 logo, subtitle and very pretty background with some atmospheric music 

and then after the trailer the audience it's gonna wonder what is pandora lol

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

easy 3 billies

trailer in may

Endgame already adjusts to something like 3.3 billion, so hopefully something over that

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

22 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Endgame already adjusts to something like 3.3 billion, so hopefully something over that

Yep, right around there. By the end of the year it would probably adjust to around $3.5B or so. 

Assuming A2 gets a full slate release (i.e China) and there are no "other" issues (war, disease, meteor, etc.), I would be a surprised if it went under $2B. My target would be $2.5B but I could see it up to $4B (which would probably be about 13-18% more tickets sold than Endgame). 

I'm very curious what kind of reaction/interest the first teaser gets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

If it gets less views than the legendary Detective Pikachu trailer, we're in trouble. Might mean under 1 Billion worlwide. 

• Astonished 1

17 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If it gets less views than the legendary Detective Pikachu trailer, we're in trouble. Might mean under 1 Billion worlwide. 

It'll probably get less. As you may recall, that movie had a $300M OW and finished over $1B DOM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

It'll probably get less. As you may recall, that movie had a $300M OW and finished over $1B DOM.

Im aware. May 2019 was epic and tragic at the same time. Endgame could have maybe reached something like 800M+ DOM if Detective Pikachus onslaught didnt prevent it from that. Im still remembering the day vividly when Pikachu crossed TFA's total. Those were good times.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Article on upcoming merchandising/licensing tie-ins. 

https://www.licenseglobal.com/movies/exclusive-walt-disney-company-and-lightstorm-entertainment-avatar-2-collaborations-and

Highlights

Avatar The Exhibition to expand outside of Asia

Stephanie Young: From a merchandise perspective, we've seen extensive collaboration between Lightstorm Entertainment and various licensees, with cross-category products including highly detailed figures and collectibles, apparel, accessories, footwear, home décor and more. There will also be an extensive new collection of products for parks and direct-to-consumer retail across apparel, toys and home products that will lean into the unique color palette, environmental elements and creatures from “Avatar 2.”   

- DK Publishing - Books

- Dark Horse - Comics

- Massive/Ubisoft - Frontiers of Pandora video game

- Archosaur/Level - Avatar Reckoning shooter game for mobile

- McFarlane Toys

- LEGO

Additionally, the storytelling and artistry of the film will be showcased across a wide range of categories, including fashion, accessories, footwear, home, outdoor play and more, with licensees such as Adidas, Disguise, Duvetica, Citizen, Trends International, Hallmark, Ferrero and Zing, to name a few. We have licensees developing everything from costumes to consumables and look forward to sharing more information closer to the "Avatar 2" theatrical release. 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 12:02 AM, KnucklesXXR said:

Yep, right around there. By the end of the year it would probably adjust to around $3.5B or so. 

Assuming A2 gets a full slate release (i.e China) and there are no "other" issues (war, disease, meteor, etc.), I would be a surprised if it went under $2B. My target would be $2.5B but I could see it up to $4B (which would probably be about 13-18% more tickets sold than Endgame). 

I'm not curious at all, audiences will shit themselves when they see the trailer in the cinema. It's actually a very expected outcome.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

It's still laughable. People are just used to it by now.

It's still very unlikely IMO but not laughable. NWH doing $800M DOM and $1.9B WW-C was just as unlikely, 9 months before it came out. With ticket prices where they are now (and where they likely will be by the end of this year.) it would mean something like +15% on Avengers Endgame in global ticket sales. We will see what happens.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

It's still very unlikely IMO but not laughable. NWH doing $800M DOM and $1.9B WW-C was just as unlikely, 9 months before it came out. With ticket prices where they are now (and where they likely will be by the end of this year.) it would mean something like +15% on Avengers Endgame in global ticket sales. We will see what happens.

Endgame though was the conclusion of dozens of films, featuring every MCU character and their grandmothers as well as having an incredible must-see factor because of the ending of Infinity War and beeing the grand final showing of beloved characters like Iron Man and Captain America.

Avatar 2 is one more film about blue people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1