Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

The fall of James Cameron?

Disney could spend a measly $100m on marketing, comapred to Endgames what $250m? It wouldn't matter, the thing about Jim films is that they stand on their own two feet.

15 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Disney speed running killing all their biggest franchises. 

They do there best, this wouldn't be an issue at all if Bob Igor was still incharge.

I hate to see it but the biggest risk for Avatar 2 isn't the quality of the film or if the audiences will respond as they did with the first. It's Bob Chapek for sure, for whatever reason he is not getting along with Jim.

3 hours ago, Elessar said:

Please provide reliable sources or else i will consider the last few posts unfounded rumor-mongering.

I mean what I said is total rumours, it's what I heard from someone who spoke to insiders. They're trustworthy to me but I would consider it pointless noise if I was you as well.

I wouldn't even share if FoxMarvelDIsney didn't start saying nonsense that the movie supposedly not all that. If its true that someone said that to him, they haven't seen anything worthwhile and are repeating Disney corporate cope, as if some Disney suit has any grasp on anything creatively.

There is definitely friction between Jim and Disney though

Edited by IronJimbo

3 hours ago, Elessar said:

Please provide reliable sources or else i will consider the last few posts unfounded rumor-mongering.

marveldcfox has been concern trolling about Avatar 2 for years; he's just posting made-up wish fulfilment about Avatar 2 being a disaster. Hate to bring up someone's post history like this, but it speaks for itself:

On 4/27/2022 at 8:08 PM, marveldcfox said:

Yeah...sorry avatar folks..this ain't doing anywhere close to the first one. 13 years and they can't deliver new mind blowing vfx, CGI and stuff? 

On 4/27/2022 at 7:41 PM, marveldcfox said:

More of the same, eh? Not sure that is what I want after 13 years of wait. I am not liking the sound of this whole kid Navis thing..you needed to show some action scenes or set pieces rather than more of the same with kiddos ...also not a fan of the title. Such stupid sounding titles have flopped at box office. Avatar 2 would have been fine. Anyways, u expected some earth shattering mind blowing footage ...alas James has failed.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:26 PM, marveldcfox said:

James Cameron has become stale. Legit concerned about Avatar 2 in terms.of visuals, action and even storytelling.

Alita was good, but something was lacking, hence had very rough legs at BO.

This looks better than Genisys and maybe the acting and fun action will be enough to win over critics, but I doubt because nowadays critics/movie bloggers aren't fans of JC and his tirade against superhero/marvel/DC movies. His statements against Wonder Woman will keep coming back to haunt him. Happened on Alita, will happen here and on avatar movies. Female critics will be harsher because you know how dare anyone tries to talk negative about "their" superhero.

On 12/18/2019 at 6:12 PM, marveldcfox said:

Lots of behind the scenes footage of avatar has been posted, but hardly anyone talking or covering it. Shows how much people really care. If this was marvel, DC or star wars...everyone would be going gaga on behind the scenes footage 

On 11/3/2019 at 5:53 PM, marveldcfox said:

Disney must be sweating bullets after seeing two of of the movies involving JC bombing. He may not have directed them but he was a producer and definitely was involved in some capacity during the production and post production. His imprints are all over the films. I am more convinced than ever that Avatar 2 will not do even 50% of the original worldwide. Disney will continue to rely heavily on Marvel and the diminishing Star Wars. Not many live action remakes left to do besides sequels which are guaranteed to either flop or disappoint.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:32 AM, marveldcfox said:

Ouch. This will sting JC and crew big time. Looks like China gives no fucks about terminator and JC. Bad signs for Avatar 2.

On 10/26/2019 at 3:47 PM, marveldcfox said:

Dark Fate indeed. A sign of things to come for Avatar 2.

First Alita...still managed to do okayish for a not so well known IP. Now Terminator doing badly for a well known IP

Edited by hw64
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, until we have actual word from the press, can we not start rumors that Disney wants Avatar to fail or any of this other fear-mongering? Especially since Cameron has been attached to several other Disney projects via their National Geographic division, there was a massive push from Empire Magazine a couple months ago, and Disney went out of their way to push 3D with their movies for the first time in ages specifically to make the Avatar 2 trailer look as good as possible. This just seems unfounded and we really don't need to do all this.

• Like 7

The marketing has been fine so far, it’s August and the film isn’t out for another 4 and a half months. The trailer’s been attached to every big movie I’ve seen since it was released, Empire just did a massive cover story on the film, and Disney are re-releasing the original film across the world next month, which is hardly the work of a studio that allegedly doesn’t care about promoting the sequel to the biggest film of all time.

• Like 3

On 8/9/2022 at 2:39 PM, interiorgatordecorator said:

No point in saying anything about the marketing before august 23 (avatar day)

11 hours ago, Eric the Lion said:

Physical media wins again!

I can't believe Chapek would pull this.... Disney is sabotaging this

2 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I think the idea is they’ve pulled the movie for now but will reupload the updated 4K version once that’s released (and act like they’ve added something new in the process). They’ve been updating a couple of movies to 4K recently like Nightmare Before Christmas.