grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Taking down Deathly Hallows 2 to be WB's biggest movie ever

21 hours ago, TMP said:

Ryan Gosling's fanbase is almost entirely younger straight men lol

Gosling has a tiny, near non-existent fanbase composed entirely of women who were teens to young adults 18 years ago when THE NOTEBOOK came out and then briefly returned to it 6 years ago with LA LA LAND. Nobody went to see First Man for a reason.  

Can't believe they didn't cast actual human ken dolls Matt Bomer, Josh Hartnett or even Henry Cavill in this movie in supporting roles. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

Ryan Gosling has every kind of targets, he has cult movies from the romantic genre to action, to indie drama, to action comedy to romantic comedy.

Reason he's not always a box office beast is he doesn't make only franchises and easy movie and it's not Di Caprio that is the perfect award chaser, so it's not a guarantee of the exact movie you're gonna see. 

This is one of the movies where his star power has an effect. 

Edited by vale9001

On 12/16/2022 at 9:57 AM, Maggie said:

Is this movie really aimed at little girls? Witht hem parodying A Space Odyssey...hm i don't know

One of my favorite cartoons, still, came out in 2002 and yet had a Silence of the Lambs parody as its first episode. The entire episode is one big parody. It's still entertaining to me!

I didn't get it then, and I didn't get it until I read TV Tropes because I still have never seen SOTL. I believe in WB/Gerwig to balance the two.

On 12/16/2022 at 10:57 AM, Maggie said:

Is this movie really aimed at little girls? Witht hem parodying A Space Odyssey...hm i don't know

Recess did a whole 11-minute parody of 2001: A Space Odyssey and it turned out just fine. The kids will understand this, don't worry.

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

Ryan gosling is ugly and i dont know how he resembles ken at all with his long face, long nose, small lips and close together eyes...

They would have cast zac efron if he didnt fuck his face with plastic surgery lol. or matt bomer if he wasnt gay

Come on man. Don't do this kind of stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Ryan gosling is ugly and i dont know how he resembles ken at all with his long face, long nose, small lips and close together eyes...

They would have cast zac efron if he didnt fuck his face with plastic surgery lol. or matt bomer if he wasnt gay

Its funny that this is pretty much my wife's exact reaction too. Gosling is real world "cute" who gets dolled up by Hollywood ala Ben Affleck. He certainly not some traditionally handsome male bone structure king who could be a legit model ala Brad Pitt, Henry Cavill, Matt Bomer, young Rob Lowe/Josh Hartnett/Josh Duhamel w/ the huge cheekbones, chiseled jawlines, piercing eyes, etc etc. 

Its not hating on Gosling either, it just kinda obvious. 

Edited by excel1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Its funny that this is pretty much my wife's exact reaction too. Gosling is real world "cute" who gets dolled up by Hollywood ala Ben Affleck. He certainly not some traditionally handsome male bone structure king who could be a legit model ala Brad Pitt, Henry Cavill, Matt Bomer, young Rob Lowe/Josh Hartnett/Josh Duhamel w/ the huge cheekbones, chiseled jawlines, piercing eyes, etc etc. 

Its not hating on Gosling either, it just kinda obvious. 

Just...unbelievable...the consistency...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/16/2022 at 9:27 PM, Maggie said:

The teaser's super funny even if people don't realise that it's parodying 2001. It's self-explanatory in its context of how the introduction of Barbie rendered the older, unglamorous baby dolls as irrelevant and obsolete.

• Like 1