A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

15 hours ago, AJG said:

This guy gets it.

The people tubthumping the hardest for Disney to make a hard stance about the Dont Say Gay issue are now dead silent, or have moved on to some other shit. Few take corporate activism seriously and a quick "We value all LGBT people blah blah blah" statement FROM THE START would've been fine.

Chapek's first dumb statement could've been remedied. The second statement is what killed them. I dont know if its just a cultural difference between the UK and the US but a private mega corporation announcing intention to repeal a law enacted by elected officials, which also has next to 0 operational implications for that corporation, is insanity. It shouldn't be championed. Its weird and it was over the top.

Also let's admire this insane tweet from one the "Disney Say Gay" people that still actually cares

"MaKe diSneY WOrld InDoOrS". 

Lol yeah might as well move Disney World to Iceland.  The weather in New York is fucking cold and miserable 8 months out of the year. 

The Warm semi-tropical climate is one of the biggest reasons why so many people vacation and retire down here in Florida(among other things like all the beaches, cost of living, etc).  Thats the perfect hub for a place like Disney World.

23 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol yeah might as well move Disney World to Iceland.  The weather in New York is fucking cold and miserable 8 months out of the year. 

The Warm semi-tropical climate is one of the biggest reasons why so many people vacation and retire down here in Florida(among other things like all the beaches, cost of living, etc).  Thats the perfect hub for a place like Disney World.

I'm still trying to process how small she thought Disney World was to suggest it could be moved indoors. An indoor Disney World would look like this

the-simpsons-movie-dome.png

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, CloneWars said:

Ehh, people acting like Disney is getting hurt by this or it was a mistake to speak out. I don't think either statement is true. First off this is 1st Amendment retaliation by DeSantis so that alone should invalidate the bill. Plus, there's other legal challenges besides the obvious 1A protections. Disney will maybe pay some legal fees, but that's about it. I also say maybe to legal fees because they most likely already have lawyers on their payroll.

I notice that most of the people in this thread who are rejoicing over Disney'sproblemss seem to be on the militant right and have "issues" with Gays themselves.

Florida is now a de facto dictatorship with De Santis as Hitler and the legislature as a rubber stamp who will do whateverhe says. Anybody who thinks this is a good sign for democracy is a moron. Of course some of them don't like democracy much anyway, I suspect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

I notice that most of the people in this thread who are rejoicing over Disney'sproblemss seem to be on the militant right and have "issues" with Gays themselves.

Florida is now a de facto dictatorship with De Santis as Hitler and the legislature as a rubber stamp who will do whateverhe says. Anybody who thinks this is a good sign for democracy is a moron. Of course some of them don't like democracy much anyway, I suspect.

What?

Totally legit. to call out Disney's botched handling. Def. does not mean one have issues with gays, wtf?

• Like 4

On 4/23/2022 at 5:04 PM, excel1 said:

What?

Totally legit. to call out Disney's botched handling. Def. does not mean one have issues with gays, wtf?

Or about a politician abusing his power to harass a specific compnay?

On 4/23/2022 at 10:48 AM, AJG said:

I'm still trying to process how small she thought Disney World was to suggest it could be moved indoors. An indoor Disney World would look like this

the-simpsons-movie-dome.png

God, it's the Simpson's movie....

(xposting with the D+ thread)

SW Celebration starts tomorrow, and like previous ones, it's gonna be livestreamed.

Here is the YT embed for the Day 1 livestream:

One ***MAJOR*** note however.  This livestream starts after the Opening Ceremonies/ Studio Showcase first major panel, which despite its description about "filmmakers" almost certainly will focus on D+ Programming as opposed to upcoming film projects.  There may be a few comments about the upcoming film slate, but I wouldn't expect it to be a major focus of that panel.

On previous Celebrations, however, they've had a separate livestream devoted to the first major panel, and hopefully history will repeat itself.

As for the link above, usually they have some of the major panels (live or delayed) and lots of lots of guest interviews/banter with guests and hosts.  Quite a fun view, though not for people who can't take a healthy amount of cringe earnest wholesome fun.

Each day will have its own separate livestream and usually they'll get archived on the SW YT channel, though sometimes they'll be edited when guests get a little too... let's say "lively" on the livestream and say or do things they shouldn't.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Porthos said:

(xposting with the D+ thread)

SW Celebration starts tomorrow, and like previous ones, it's gonna be livestreamed.

Here is the YT embed for the Day 1 livestream:

One ***MAJOR*** note however.  This livestream starts after the Opening Ceremonies/ Studio Showcase first major panel, which despite its description about "filmmakers" almost certainly will focus on D+ Programming as opposed to upcoming film projects.  There may be a few comments about the upcoming film slate, but I wouldn't expect it to be a major focus of that panel.

On previous Celebrations, however, they've had a separate livestream devoted to the first major panel, and hopefully history will repeat itself.

As for the link above, usually they have some of the major panels (live or delayed) and lots of lots of guest interviews/banter with guests and hosts.  Quite a fun view, though not for people who can't take a healthy amount of cringe earnest wholesome fun.

Each day will have its own separate livestream and usually they'll get archived on the SW YT channel, though sometimes they'll be edited when guests get a little too... let's say "lively" on the livestream and say or do things they shouldn't.

I got a feeling we will nol be seeing any major annoucements this year vis a vis films. Clear that Disney has not decided what way they want to go after Rogue Squadron.

On 4/23/2022 at 2:09 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Shit like this is why I'm glad I got out of Florida when I did.

bugsbunny-florida.gif

honestly the whole country is useless. Mass shootings happen all the time with nothing done. Honestly I am excited for the day I leave the country for good and never come back. 

hopefully my kiddo moves abroad. My family can come see me if they want. My goal is to never set foot in America again post 48ish. Another 10.5 years to go sadly

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cdsacken said:

honestly the whole country is useless. Mass shootings happen all the time with nothing done. Honestly I am excited for the day I leave the country for good and never come back. 

hopefully my kiddo moves abroad. My family can come see me if they want. My goal is to never set foot in America again post 48ish. Another 10.5 years to go sadly

Where do you plan to move to?

31 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

portugal but not till I’m 55 when we retire. Probably Hawaii or Canada for the last few years winding down.

likely wont like Canada when your taxes go up dramatically and your wage down 40% and you pay 8 bucks a gallon for gas

That is why few americans actually move to canada 

On 4/23/2022 at 2:11 PM, dudalb said:

I mean if we gonna be extreme can I call California a One party state?

Edited by Torontofan

Looks like the main Lucasfilm panel this year isn't being livestreamed. Which means either they want to reward the fans for coming all this way for the first in-person Star Wars event in years, or don't have enough to show to warrant a livestream. I have a hunch the recent Uvalde and Buffalo shootings might have had an effect on this decision as well. Would be pretty bad for PR if they sunk their hand in the sand.

Either way, Twitter livebloggers to the rescue!

A YT channel that has broadcast previous panels at various Disney events is claiming it's gonna be streaming the Studio Showcase panel in full as soon as it goes live.  They've done this before and aren't on LFL's/Disney's shit list, so if it's not official it's also not verbotten.

Still, a little leery of directly linking to it since I don't know if it qualifies as a leak under our clairification of the rules so instead I'll simply note that Googling "LUCASFILM’S STUDIO SHOWCASE PANEL FULL" might find you something interesting.

NB: Don't bother to PM me as I'm hip-deep in sheet prep for my TGM track that I start in about 20 minutes.

LATE EDIT:

They also might be putting it up after it airs, as there doesn't seem to be anything going on right now.

AFTER CONFIRM THAT PANEL HAS STARTED:

Yeah... not looking like it's being allowed.  Never mind then.

Edited by Porthos

8 hours ago, Torontofan said:

likely wont like Canada when your taxes go up dramatically and your wage down 40% and you pay 8 bucks a gallon for gas

That is why few americans actually move to canada 

I mean if we gonna be extreme can I call California a One party state?

wont matter about taxes. Hawaii is expensive too but my kids college is already covered cost wise. Just focusing now on room and board and she’s 7 so all will be covered.

all expenses will be gone so not really worried about income. Wife will still make a shitload in Canada or Hawaii. Going down from 300 to 250 or 225 doesn’t really matter.

goes to show you no matter how much you make America still is crap. Not even top 25

lived I England for 3 years. Much better than this festering turd

Edited by cdsacken