Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Not to complain as I have a good life but could have been so much better/different...I guess that's life though...filled with regrets...

Part of the purpose of our existence is to be an example to others. We might not be able to avoid mistakes, but through making them we can help prevent others from doing the same.

If/when I have kids, I know I'm going to be telling them to make sure they have some form of personal transit before going to college. It killed my ability to find internships.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 4

Not really. You made an uncontroversial statement (ie Hunger Games will make a ton of money) and then bizarrely mentioned Hobbit 3 doing the same thing. There is zero chance in hell of it breaking any records.

I said maybe, not absolute. It is the last part of the trilogy, I was figuring it would follow the same path that Revenge of the Sith did.

• Like 1

Part of the purpose of our existence is to be an example to others. We might not be able to avoid mistakes, but through making them we can help prevent others from doing the same.

If/when I have kids, I know I'm going to be telling them to make sure they have some form of personal transit before going to college. It killed my ability to find internships.

The best advice you can give your kids from a career perspective is to try to get as specialized of a degree or skill as possible. I stumbled into mine on accident, but my sister ended up kind of screwed even though she has a MBA and I just have an undergrad degree.

For a lot of people, it's not even worth going into debt to get a degree. You can gain very valuable skills by going to a trade school and avoid the debt of a 4+ year degree.

• Like 1

The best advice you can give your kids from a career perspective is to try to get as specialized of a degree or skill as possible. I stumbled into mine on accident, but my sister ended up kind of screwed even though she has a MBA and I just have an undergrad degree.

For a lot of people, it's not even worth going into debt to get a degree. You can gain very valuable skills by going to a trade school and avoid the debt of a 4+ year degree.

I plan to specialize degree with my masters. 

As frustrating as my adult life has been, I infinitely prefer it to my childhood. I know I would sorely miss the freedom, knowledge and wisdom I take for granted now.

I mean this with all sincerity, but your posts always seem so genuine that it makes me want to hug you.
  • Like 2

Yeah, I thought about maybe going on to grad school so I'd be in a better position to find an opportunity, but I'm not really decisive on what exactly I'd want to study so in the end it probably wouldn't be a smart move.

Right now I'm just trying to save up enough money through my grocery job so I can move to the middle of a city (more than halfway to my goal now, so I have hope).

• Like 4

Final numbers for tonight:

Maleficent - 1797

X-Men - 794

Godzilla - 492

To compare, yesterday was

X-Men - 503

Malificent - 1318

Godzilla - 287

So that would be (if the same percentage increases are seen across the US)

Maleficent - 27.2M

DOFP - 14.6M

Godzilla - 5.5M

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Yeah, I thought about maybe going on to grad school so I'd be in a better position to find an opportunity, but I'm not really decisive on what exactly I'd want to study so in the end it probably wouldn't be a smart move.

Right now I'm just trying to save up enough money through my grocery job so I can move to the middle of a city (more than halfway to my goal now, so I have hope).

What's your undergrad field?

That's interesting, I'd say the reverse. Yes, of course don't go into crazy debt, but get your BA or BS in a broad category, and save the specialization for higher learning.

• Like 2