CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So was Detective Pikachu considered a success?

What's the bar for Sonic?

And I want an Overwatch movie but the game is no where as popular as it once was.

Lol depends if you ask the people who were predicting a billion :lol: 

It's budget was a little too high, but I'm sure it made the studio a little bit of money. Bar for Sonic is definitely much lower; as long as it hits ~250M worldwide with a sizeable domestic share it'll be profitable, and it's easily going to do that. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheGullsHaveBeaks said:

If this movie gets about 50% on rotten tomatoes, I’ll eat a cockroach. There is no way it will get even above 50%. Probably will land around the thirties.

When she was young, my mother once took a bite out of a cockroach.  It was in a yogurt container, and she sunk her teeth into it before she realized what it was.    The company gave her a year's supply of yogurt coupons as compensation which her brother was really happy about (my mother, being slightly traumatized, didn't eat any).

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend eating a cockroach, but if you feel you have to, go ahead.

Edited by cedec0
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Laymen (two aussies who are running a video game YT blog) are VERY convinced...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ5lKVSfA_8

...so am I. 😊

By the way, that cinema Sam and Raph are visiting: is this a kind of out of world super über cinema? I have never ever seen such a theatre (leather seating, seats that can go into a relax position) here in Germany. Do such things really exist?

Edited by incognitoo

6 hours ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

60% of Detective Pikachu was dull as sin, while 40% of Detective Pikachu was obnoxious, pretty much entirely because Pikachu didn't shut the hell up. If this is worse than that film, we're in trouble.

Dick Pik wasn’t bad, it was just really forgettable. The first two thirds were okay but the last act was trash.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

25 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Dick Pik wasn’t bad, it was just really forgettable. The first two thirds were okay but the last act was trash.

I loved Detective Pikachu's production value. The movie looked really nice (especially with that 35 mm film) and the CGI was amazing, but that last act was so dumb.

Currently at 68% with 53 reviews in. 
Was not expecting that! While it will inevitably go down as more top critics chime in, I can’t see it going below 50% at this point, which is really a huge win after those first trailer reactions. 

Hoping for a nice breakout to boost the box office!