Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Just found out this is 125 minutes. Wow the longest animated movie? 

I'm kind of glad they extended this one out a bit. I always felt the usual 90 minute runtime was way too short for these animated flicks.

Edited by Noodlebug

44 minutes ago, cookie said:

The first movie was close to two hours (115 minutes) so not unreasonable for the sequel to be a bit longer.

ratatouille is also about 110 minutes so brad bird has the three longest pixar movies for sure. he's the peter jackson of animation.

Edited by CoolioD1

Is there another mega animated release coming this summer for the family audience? I think Hotel Trans 3 but that's not much competition. I can't imagine this one not easily coming in over $400M+ DOM.  I'd almost be shocked if it doesn't come in at $450M+ DOM and approach Dory's DOM TOTAL. Not only is there a good deal of hype, there's just no real competition. Legs should be pretty incredible for this one. Can't wait to see the summer weekday numbers on its opening week and the week that follows. They'll be majestic.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2018/06/the-incredibles-2-advance-ticket-sales-animated-record-fandango-1202405422/

Their June 15 Incredibles 2 is currently pacing to become Fandango’s biggest animated pre-seller off all-time beating the pre-sales records of Disney/Pixar’s Finding Dory at the same point in its sales cycle, as well as a number of live-action superhero titles including last summer’s Wonder Woman, Spider-Man: Homecoming and 2016’s Suicide Squad. 

Similar to Finding Dory three summers ago, Incredibles 2 is a long-awaited legacy sequel primed to stoke not only its older fans, but younger too with the potential to pull in a swath from 3-years old to 90. The most ambitious forecasts for the Brad Bird-directed title are in the upper $140Ms, meaning Incredibles 2 could topple Finding Dory‘s $135M opening to become the highest debut for an animated film ever at the domestic box office.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 2

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Really feeling something close to $150M+ OW DOM. Not only does this kind of long awaited sequel snare the Pixar loons but families and fans of all things superheroes on the big screen. It's gonna be big. Very, very, very big.

• Like 6

Also, it’ll have been over a month since our last 100m opener.  Plus there’s been a scarcity in family flicks this year, I think that audience is ready to go to something.

I think a 150m+ opening Could happen

Considering that Incredibles #1 had the Animated OW Record (from Nemo no less) it wouldn't surprise me at all to see this top Dory on OW.

Not sure I am ready to jump into the 150m camp yet (that sounds SO crazy for an animated film.) However, if it really picks up the steam, what in all actuality ends up being the cap?

Don't think it'll happen. ($150m)

But, now that you brought up it taking the OW record from Nemo, I guess it could edge Dory out. 

I'm just weary of the Internet effect and same logic used (at least by me, if not many) for Toy Story 3 that didn't really pan out. 

Granted, it still made $400m+ but it didn't beat Toy Story 2's admissions. So, not sure if it'll beat the original Incredibles admissions.

Yeah, again, I am not sold on 150m at all, and when you look at the openings only 3 films Adjusted have even come close/over.

Records are made to be broken, but even DORY didn't hit the loftiest goals 2 years ago by some of the nostalgia crowd. 

Also - I know I followed box office then, and was amazed, but Good Grief, Shrek 2/3 were dominate on OW.... and that Shrek 2 opening was after burning off some $$ from the mid-week opening.

4 minutes ago, BK007 said:

What is FTSBF? Is that Dory ? 

lol. 

Fuck that Stupid Blue Fish. Yes, it’s Dory baumer’s nickname for it. Or @baumer‘s hidden desire for bestiality. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2