CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

I'm not a Frozen fanatic or anything but the teaser for this on the big screen is truly awesome! The music is a huge part of that. This feels like far more of an animated event than Incredibles 2 or an Illumination Minions film or whatever. Come to think of it, as big as I2, Finding Dory etc. were, none of them had trailers that made me feel like it was an event. The Frozen II teaser just makes it seem like it's on a whole other level.

Anyone else get that feeling? 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I'm not a Frozen fanatic or anything but the teaser for this on the big screen is truly awesome! The music is a huge part of that. This feels like far more of an animated event than Incredibles 2 or an Illumination Minions film or whatever. Come to think of it, as big as I2, Finding Dory etc. were, none of them had trailers that made me feel like it was an event. The Frozen II teaser just makes it seem like it's on a whole other level.

100%

Never have I watched any trailer as many times as Frozen 2 (at least 50 by now). If only just for the goosebumps when Ana jumps the gap and Vuelie really kicks in. Makes me feel all emotional inside.

But you're absolutely right, Dory and I2 trailers were fine, but they didn't feel like "I want this right now", it was more "yeah cool I'll see that". 

Also, I have a UK limitless card which means I see a lot of movies and trailers, in the end I was bored of the I2 trailer having seen it so many times, the fact that this trailer never ceases to disappoint is mindblowing. 

I really feel this can explode even more than people realise.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It played up the adventure and "epic" vibe as opposed to a comedic elements or gags that are usually the main focus of trailers for animated films.

44 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I didn't see the first one until after seeing the teaser for part 2. Now I'm going to see this one when it comes out. I still don't know where I'm thinking the box office could land, but it would not surprise me at all if it put up $500m domestic and a billion OS.

Frozen 2 teaser just had a VERY epic feel to it. It was produced in such a way to make it look like  a huge fantasy epic with tons of lore and world building. Yes, it came across as much more of an event. I think it has a great shot of making quite a bit more than $500 million domestic and $1.3-$1.5 billion WW.

• Like 1

$600M DOM is happening, it has almost the same advantages Incredibles 2 has including a barren September to December besides Jumanji, IT 2, Joker and IX and Joker and IT 2 are in September to October.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

$600M DOM is happening, it has almost the same advantages Incredibles 2 has including a barren September to December besides Jumanji, IT 2, Joker and IX and Joker and IT 2 are in September to October.

Doesn't have summer days though. I think $600m is possible, but I wouldn't bank on it if I were a betting man. 

50 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Doesn't have summer days though. I think $600m is possible, but I wouldn't bank on it if I were a betting man. 

I don't think summer weekdays are a strict necessity, considering it has the whole holiday season to play. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, feasby007 said:

100%

Never have I watched any trailer as many times as Frozen 2 (at least 50 by now). If only just for the goosebumps when Ana jumps the gap and Vuelie really kicks in. Makes me feel all emotional inside.

Never realized this before but... is that Idina Menzel herself singing the Vuelie in the trailer?

Does Frozen 2 coming much sooner than Incredibles 2 help or hurt at all? Meaning only a few years after the first one, not 14 years kater. I can't wait to see it personally. My 4 year old will be so excited. That was her 2nd movie she loved (first was Brave).

Edited by cdsacken

11 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

I don't think summer weekdays are a strict necessity, considering it has the whole holiday season to play. 

I think the 600M DOM is too optimistic.

It is hard to say other countries, only China. Frozen 2 has far more previews than any previous animated film. The official channel of Weibo reached 5.6m, which is more than twice that of any animation announcement (toy story 4 Official trailer only has 0.56M)

So I think the heat in the US and Europe is far less than Incredibles 2. I personally think that F2's WW can be 1.2B and it is very lucky.

And OLAF's Japanese dubbing was caught because of drug abuse, F1's Blu-ray is not available in Japan, and it is a really bad influence on the sequel.

Edited by frozenheart1993

Official Teaser Trailer In Chinese Weibo official chanel

COCO 1.28M 
Incredibles2 0.88M 
 Toys story 4 0.44M   
 Moana1.97M 
 Ralph Breaks the Internet 0.89M 
 Frozen 2   5.6M

In China, the trailer views of all Disney movies is only Marvel and the Lion King is higher than the Frozen 2
Plus other channels, F2 views  at least more than Incredibles2 10M or more in china.

So I think many of you are overestimating the DOM. Frozen 2 is far less predictable in US than Incredibles 2.  450M DOM is a reasonable forecast.

Edited by frozenheart1993
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, frozenheart1993 said:

Official Teaser Trailer In Chinese Weibo official chanel

COCO 1.28M 
Incredibles2 0.88M 
 Toys story 4 0.44M   
 Moana1.97M 
 Ralph Breaks the Internet 0.89M 
 Frozen 2   5.6M

In China, the trailer views of all Disney movies is only Marvel and the Lion King is higher than the Frozen 2
Plus other channels, F2 views  at least more than Incredibles2 10M or more in china.

So I think many of you are overestimating the DOM. Frozen 2 is far less predictable in US than Incredibles 2.  450M DOM is a reasonable forecast.

TLK views? 

Endgame views? 

• Like 1

I am not a Frozen fan. Not even close. But I recogznize that the sky is the limit for this sequel. I do not rule out any scenario. I was convinced that the year crown would be a battle between TLK and Endgame, but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am about F2 being part of that battle, both DOM and WW. Disney has 3 monsters this year.

28 minutes ago, peludo said:

I am not a Frozen fan. Not even close. But I recogznize that the sky is the limit for this sequel. I do not rule out any scenario. I was convinced that the year crown would be a battle between TLK and Endgame, but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am about F2 being part of that battle, both DOM and WW. Disney has 3 monsters this year.

Honestly if they play their cards right over the coming months, the entire Top 6 DOM isn’t out of the question (EG, TLK, F2, SW9, CM, TS4). I think Pikachu has the best shot at ruining this, but 6/7 is still amazing. There’s a few others I can see grossing $300M+ (It 2, Joker, Shazam, Godzilla, SLOP2, Jumanji 2, SM2), but I can’t see any of them getting to $400M, so if TS4 pulls off that milestone, then 6/7 should be a given.

• Like 1