grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

3 minutes ago, 75livesinDerry said:

no they're swords.  Deadshot has swords too.  Deadpool was a direct "ripoff" of Deadshot when he was made even down to his character's real name.

:bourne:

And here I was thinking it was Deathstroke with the swords (which I know he does as well)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I thought Mud was lead by Mcconaughey and he got most of the praise for performance.

He does not appear in the movie before a good while (McConaughey got a lot of praise and got cast in Interstellar by Nolan because of that movie, but in supporting)

12 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Both of the movie mentioned he was a kid.

True, like I said transition after teens age is never assured (so I understand your skepticism)

14 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

As for Jai Courtney you can look it up his filmography, i'm not gonna bother to list them.

I did before commenting and didn't find one great director in is filmography, but I was not familiar with all the names (it is why I asked which great director did cast Courntey you had in mind, as a counter example that being cast by a list of great directors is not an indicator of being a good actor)

16 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I still think he is wooden and I stand by that for now. I think someone better could have been casted. You think otherwise. There is nothing to argue here further and frankly I don't want to either. 

More than fair enough, but I would recommend you to watch Joe and Mud, both are great movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

You're thinking of Deathstroke

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

:bourne:

And here I was thinking it was Deathstroke with the swords (which I know he does as well)

It's deathstroke.  I mistyped  Lol

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

My hot take: 

If The Matrix was the adult version of The Lego Movie then Ready Player One is the YA version of The Lego Movie.

I'm worried that this actually kind of makes sense to me.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

My hot take: 

If The Matrix was the adult version of The Lego Movie then Ready Player One is the YA version of The Lego Movie.

I feel like this is massively insulting to The Matrix but I'm not sure

17 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Ready Player One: A Billion Dumptrucks’ Worth of Worthless Crud

http://www.castaliahouse.com/ready-player-one-a-billion-dumptrucks-of-worthless-crud

That ought to keep this thread busy for a few hours

Funny how half the stuff he considered flaws I actually considered qualities. Opinions, eh?

I personally think this looks bonkers (in a fun way).  Don't get the hate.

I don't really care if the book is good or not, as Spielberg has made great movies out of trash source material before.

Edited by El Panda Machos
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, El Panda Machos said:

I personally think this looks bonkers (in a fun way).  Don't get the hate.

I don't really care if the book is good or not, as Spielberg has made great movies out of trash source material before.

I get the feeling it's going to be one of the few adaptations that improves on the book.

• Like 1