grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

10 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

Carl’s Jr. is trying way to hard to make spielbergers a thing.  I’m glad Spielberg gave them a straight faced no

I assumed they were all in it... akin to how the new avengers date came out on twitter to create buzz. Is this not the case? that wouldn't really make sense on carls jrs part

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Mad Panda said:

Carl’s Jr. is trying way to hard to make spielbergers a thing.  I’m glad Spielberg gave them a straight faced no

I saw the ET ad before all the news and thought it was for an actual restaurant called Spielburgers. You know like Wahlburgers. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lucas said:

96 reviews and still maintaining that 84%, in fact just one away from 85%. 

WOW. It has 100 reviews and it only takes just one review to increase it by one percentage point?

That's amazing!

44 minutes ago, November Treejax said:

WOW. It has 100 reviews and it only takes just one review to increase it by one percentage point?

That's amazing!

I KNOW RIGHT and now at 85% it takes 7 reviews to go up to 86% - oh wait that breaks the point you were making.

you mean to tell me the filmmaker that has only made about three critically panned films in his whole entire career of 40 + films has made another winner. what a shocker. Who knew Steven Spielberg will make another good film that pays homage to most of the films he made in the early 90s. and yes this post is sarcasm  because some of you have been acting like this film was directed by Michael Bay and not a master filmmaker who always delivers.

Edited by Curtis1986

Accounting for a stronger Friday, tempering the Sat hold:-

12.5 (2.5 previews + 10) + 12 (-5%/+20%) + 11.5 (-5%) + 8 (-30%) = 44 4-day (31.5 ow)

Looks like gibberish. I should sit this one out :sparta:.

(Also hoping it does much more than ~45 4-day)

54 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Accounting for a stronger Friday, tempering the Sat hold:-

12.5 (2.5 previews + 10) + 12 (-5%/+20%) + 11.5 (-5%) + 8 (-30%) = 44 4-day (31.5 ow)

Looks like gibberish. I should sit this one out :sparta:.

(Also hoping it does much more than ~45 4-day)

$50m 3 day. Book it now

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, the beast said:

$50m 3 day. Book it now

That would be swell. If my %-ages hold up would need close to a 20m Thursday (including Wed previews) to then have 50+ over FSS.

Even 50-55 4-day is a good start (assuming wom's positive) for which it would need 14-15 Thursday imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This has sold a sum total of fuck all in South Florida. I'm not saying that means anything, but nerd culture never really ruled the day down here, so it's not going to do great in certain markets. 

This. May be too nerdy as video game movie for general audience? That is why inspite of good reviews we cannot be sure if it can do well at box office.

Nerd culture is so 2000 and late. Like 2012-2013 it was the hot thing and everyone wanted to be a "nerd," but that shit has passed as so called nerdy franchises like superhero movies and Star Wars have gone full poppy mainstream and actual nerdom (as a cultural monolith) has been exposed as a racist, misogynistic pile of crap. There used to be an innocence and inherent likability in being "nerdy" that now seems forced at best and toxic at worst. Shit, there's a reason Odd Future and Kid Cudi have fallen out in music and guys like Migos have fallen back in - that nerd wave is done in the mainstream as the hot fad, and is back to being...kinda what it used to be.

Anyway, end rant. I don't care what the reviews say - reading the content, even the good ones make this sound like unappealing claptrap. I'll be skipping it, sorry Bergs. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1