grim22

Weekend #s: Neeson 40.4M, Selma 11.2, ITW 9.75, Hobbit 9.4, Unbroken 8.3. All #s pg 15. Happy now Kayu?

If Taken 3 makes a lot of money,

Taken 4 will happen, they opened up a possible storyline with Bryan's last words to the villain towards the end of the movie

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

These estimates are very early. Bet they will change quite a bit. Hobbit drop seems very bad.

I saw Taken 3 tonight in the UK, was so bad and yet also unintentionally funny at times. I wouldn't mind seeing it flop now, but it clearly isn't going to. My screening was busy.

Edited by MonstersandRoy

If Taken 3 makes a lot of money,

Taken 4 will happen, they opened up a possible storyline with Bryan's last words to the villain towards the end of the movie

That is a huge spoiler, WTF.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

Good for Taken. Seems ok for Selma. Horrible drop for Hobbit. Might not pass DOS now

Again, overreacting about Hobbit. It is a 100% increase over Thursday, similar to AUJ increase and better than DOS. Look at numbers before being so pessimistic
  • Like 1

Selma is not that good though...

Its one of those films that is not made well but is helped greatly by the historical events its based on. 

Meaning the source material is soo good, even if the adaptation is not well done, it is still quite interesting. 

However the Butler was rather poor effort but still did quite well. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

It will be sad if Selma can't reach 17 million this weekend.  Of course it will have a small drop next weekend and have good legs, but anything less than 17 is not good.  It is difficult to get White audiences to buy a ticket to see a dramatic film starring Black people (without Will or Denzel).  But they will show up in large numbers to see Unbroken, Lincoln, or American Sniper.

So Selma didn't break out. And people were saying this was gonna do 100-200M.

gif-4.gif

I still think Selma can inch past 100M. I'm expecting an increase next weekend over 3-day. I'm not expecting 180+ or anything, but I think with the Oscar Nominations coming up this could pull in 100-110million.

Would Selma have better worked if it was a full blown huge epic like Malcolm X? 

(which I think starts of really slow and awkward but works into a an amazing Bio Pic).

Like imo MLK is so just so well known these days, some black leaders accuse the media of making him into a Santa Clause Figure these days. 

Edited by Lordmandeep