Noctis

MONDAY ACTUALS: AGE OF ULTRON - 13.23M (Normal -74% Drop)

How did a mod not edited the thread title yet? Considering Sunday was highly inflated this had to be expected. Nothing wrong here.

It is probably locked to increase today anyway.

• Like 3

Even the first Iron Man's Mon dropped 73.4% from Sunday, CA:TWS' dropped 73.5% (tho that was an April opener) so prob best to wait and see how the rest of the week and the 2nd weekend pans out.

but seriously, though: FLOP!

(repost)

Edited by jse

I still think it's heading to somewhere near the 500M mark.

Mon 12.6M - 204M

Tue 13M - 217M

Wed 9.5M - 226.5M

Thu 8.5M - 235M

Fri 21M - 256M

Sat 33M - 289M

Sun 22M - 311M (76M second weekend)

Mon 7M

Tue 8M

Wed 6M

Thu 5.5M - 337M

Fri 12M

Sat 19M

Sun 13M - 381M (44M third weekend)

After this it should do at least another 100-120M

• Like 1

This thread is hilarious. "Worse drop than SM3". SM3 also had a larger Friday increase than TA, IM3, even IM. Calm down people, if this increases only 135% on Friday then panic, until then you're just spinning your wheels. ;)

• Like 11

Not a good number. Way harsher than Avengers 1 and even IM3. 500m is dead and gone. Fuck American box office. 

I guess it's back to reality with this stupid franchise.

Yep.

They're cancelling all the Marvel phase 3 movies because AoU couldn't beat out another Marvel movie and only had the 2nd best OW of all time.

• Like 15

Reality being another WW take of well over 1 Billion, yep, they are sure learning their lesson aren't they? Serves them right for making absolute trash like this.

• Like 4

I'm glad I'm working a lot right now.  It's reactions like the ones in here that make me question some of the box office acumen at this site.

Give it a rest guys.  You really need to check the history of box office before you start piling on this film.  IMO, it's doing exactly what it should be.

And this is coming from someone who almost hated the film.

• Like 19

If people couldn't react to numbers based on personal expectations over raw budget vs revenue figures this forum would empty overnight.

It's all in the game, dog.

Edited by Hatebox

If people couldn't react to numbers based on personal expectations over raw budget vs revenue figures this forum would empty overnight.

It's all in the game, dog.

Doesn't make it right.

Doesn't make it right.

Probably, but we all have that monetary line we draw in our heads. It's why there are 2,000 page threads on here rather than an excel spreadsheet with profit/loss columns.

My personal 'outright disappointment' line for TA2 would be under 450m. Because I'm not stupid I know the film's still massively profitable (mostly thanks to OS), but that kind of revenue drop is hard to ignore on the domestic front and as worth talking about as anything else.

IM3 had a 73.8% drop, so AoU is very similar to that.

If AoU has the exact same multiplier as IM3 then it makes $449,239,120 DOM.

Oh no that would be awful. No studio would want to have a movie make that amount of money

• Like 2

How this forum is reigned by a troll for the last couple of days is way beyond me.

At least he watches the film now, so that ridiculous and childish hateposting at least makes a tiny bit of sense.

That constant spamming is pathetic.

• Like 1

How this forum is reigned by a troll for the last couple of days is way beyond me.

At least he watches the film now, so that ridiculous and childish hateposting at least makes a tiny bit of sense.

That constant spamming is pathetic.

Who?  :lol: