kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Funny, the "Aquaman" and "Alita" fans are saying the same thing, just with their films winning and Bumblebee losing.

Here is the plain fact:there is just too much brutal completion in the Second half of December. A couple of these big budget efforts are going to bomb. Only question is which ones. There is just not enough box office pie to go around.

I know they all want that sweet holiday money but one of them should move to late January/ early Feb

Just now, TalismanRing said:

I know they all want that sweet holiday money but one of them should move to late January/ early Feb

But what about Glass and Dark Phoenix :sparta:

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

It's mob mentality. They saw how much Jumanji made last year and now everybody is opening a big film in that slot.

25 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's mob mentality. They saw how much Jumanji made last year and now everybody is opening a big film in that slot.

It s more like there is no big baddie this Christmas :

2012-2014 : The Hobbit

2015-2017 : Star Wars

2018 is an anomaly.

Then it s SW in 2019 and Avatar in 2020 and so on ...

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

2018 is an anomaly.

Mary Poppins Returns is the nearest to the big baddie this year...and IMHO Is being underestimated because it does not have a geek/fanboy following.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:57 PM, grim22 said:

Moderation reminder: After the Deadpool fiasco, DO NOT POST about test screenings.

Only test screenings, feel free to discuss actual critic screenings for any movie.

People don't get the reason they do test screenings is to find out what is wrong with a movie, and what can be done to fix it.

So, my family saw this movie's trailer last week at TTG...other than no audience response, here's what my "never having seen Transformers movies" thought...

Spouse - Ugh...looks like the preview is for the international market b/c there's so little talking...and that's not Bunblebee...

Girls and Me - That looks like Monster Trucks 2.0, but with a cute girl...

Younger Boys - No interest...and no comments...

So, anecdotally, the reboot is not making new fans yet:)...not sure how the previous Transformer viewers liked the trailer, but I know my fam didn't:)...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, my family saw this movie's trailer last week at TTG...other than no audience response, here's what my "never having seen Transformers movies" thought...

Spouse - Ugh...looks like the preview is for the international market b/c there's so little talking...and that's not Bunblebee...

Girls and Me - That looks like Monster Trucks 2.0, but with a cute girl...

Younger Boys - No interest...and no comments...

So, anecdotally, the reboot is not making new fans yet:)...not sure how the previous Transformer viewers liked the trailer, but I know my fam didn't:)...

did you see the Alita one?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

did you see the Alita one?

Nope - we got Dog Days (pass), Alpha (pass), Bumblebee, The House with the Clock in its Walls (the hit preview for my fam), Goosebumps 2 (double pass), and Smallfoot (which might have also been the hit, but we had seen it at I2 the week before, and it was the same:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Nope - we got Dog Days (pass), Alpha (pass), Bumblebee, The House with the Clock in its Walls (the hit preview for my fam), Goosebumps 2, and Smallfoot (which might have also been the hit, but we had seen it at I2 the week before, and it was the same:)...

I got one at my Mission Impossible showing so it's out there.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 4:26 AM, The Futurist said:

2018 is an anomaly.

Both AQM and Poppins have the potential to beat the Hobbit sequels if not more.

Last year Jumanji surprised and this year Poppins could pull off 300/350+ if it's a very good movie.

I loved the AQM trailer and at least beating JL is on cards while hope it approaches Hobbit2/3.

Edited by a2k