kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

2 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Because it was fucking stupid. As soon as T-Rex got the hold on it's neck the fight was over but Jack fucking Horner waltzed in and was all "let's not have a good movie" and then made the Spinosaurus win. Dumb as hell. Shit movie.

Jurassic World redeemed the franchise when T-Rex broke the spino skeleton. Very satisfying.

What could possibly make you say that?

A-L-A-N.gif

All these years later, and I still don't understand how Billy was alive at the end.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

What could possibly make you say that?

A-L-A-N.gif

All these years later, and I still don't understand how Billy was alive at the end.

The best/worst part of Billy alive is he sys to Alan "I got your hat" and Alan replies "well that's what's important"

Wtf! They don't even complete the arc, Alan has a convo so the the kid  about how sad he is and that's all he says 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Jurassic World Box office numbers are still puzzling me to this day.

OW

Dom

OS

WW

Every number was batshit insane.

Jurassic park was as big/slightly bigger than Empire/Jedi and raiders of the lost arc.

Plus JP was beyond a monster hit OS bigger, it was monster bigger than the other films above. 

Wasnt it like beyond massive in France and caused a small Hollywood intrusion backlash? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Jurassic park was as big/slightly bigger than Empire/Jedi and raiders of the lost arc.

Plus JP was beyond a monster hit OS bigger, it was monster bigger than the other films above. 

Wasnt it like beyond massive in France and caused a small Hollywood intrusion backlash? 

Yes, it did.

But still JW exploded and it surprised almost everyone.

What were the predicitons for JW in BOT s derby ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AABATTERY said:

Because it was fucking stupid. As soon as T-Rex got the hold on it's neck the fight was over but Jack fucking Horner waltzed in and was all "let's not have a good movie" and then made the Spinosaurus win. Dumb as hell. Shit movie.

Jurassic World redeemed the franchise when T-Rex broke the spino skeleton. Very satisfying.

So you are one of those huh?

I always find  it funny that I don't even remember that fight in JP3 that so many bitch about. In fact, I don't remember much at all of JP3 besides them being in a big dome with flying dinosaurs or something? It's been too long since I watched it I guess and it wasn't the most memorable of movies.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Jurassic World Box office numbers are still puzzling me to this day.

OW

Dom

OS

WW

Every number was batshit insane.

Also another weird thing: the subsequent Jurassic movies after the mega success of the first one has been received with less and less enthusiasm. 

Jurassic Park III earned $180M compared to JP1's $357M. Adjusted, JPIII grossed about 37% of JP1's $745M. And after 20 years (from JP1's release),

suddenly the GA is dinosaur-crazy again??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arlborn said:

So you are one of those huh?

I always find  it funny that I don't even remember that fight in JP3 that so many bitch about. In fact, I don't remember much at all of JP3 besides them being in a big dome with flying dinosaurs or something? It's been too long since I watched it I guess and it wasn't the most memorable of movies.

They weren't flying dinosaurs they were pterosaurs. :redcapes:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AABATTERY said:

I'm missing something. When did Jack Horner hijack JP3 production?

• Like 1

Honestly the Spinosaurus Animatronic is the best thing in JP3. There is a shot of its heading lifting out of the river with tons of REAL water pouring off of a REAL giant Animatroic in the rain and its an spectacular looking effect. I would love a full scale Dino in the next one, I only imagine what we could do 17 years later. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I googled Jack Horner Spinosaurus and yeah, the Internet has opinions on that. 

It's not even the worst thing he's done. That title goes to his dumb T-Rex scavenger theory. He tried to jam that into the original movie but fortunately someone put a stop to that idea. It wasn't enough though and now there's a not-insignificant number of people who've bought in on his idea that T-Rex wasn't a predator even though there is no basis for his claims. I have many strong opinions on that particular issue.

So yeah I have some animosity towards Jack Horner.

Edit: I should say I think Jack Horner has done some great work over the years so I don't completely hate the guy but he has done several things (particular in relation to this franchise) that have annoyed me a lot. I literally cried when the Spinosaurus killed T-Rex. I was like 5 but still. It was very upsetting. 

Edited by AABATTERY
  • Like 1