kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

14 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Is it too late to move this movie's release date up two weeks to June 8th in the US?

How much money did they leave on the table by not releasing JW2 on the 2nd or 3rd weekend after SoLow?

yeah in hingsight releasing it the same week as overseas would have been the better idea, but they had no idea Solo was going to implode so badly so they probably wanted some distance between it

Solo is turning into the biggest nonevent of the summer, Universal should have really released JW2 June 8th DOM.

Releasing the first JW before Inside Out was smart thinking.

Now... the weekend after Incredibles 2 seems like a much worse release date.

There's no way to move it up this close to release. Could be disastrous for the OW since there's no time to market the release change.

Yeah, I know. Way too late and all that.

But what could have been and all that if Universal had some bigger balls and originally decided to go up against a SW film.

Lesson learned I guess. Other studios are going to be way more willing to put up their films against a SW spinoff.

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Yeah, I know. Way too late and all that.

But what could have been and all that if Universal had some bigger balls and originally decided to go up against a SW film.

Lesson learned I guess. Other studios are going to be way more willing to put up their films against a SW spinoff.

Also worth noting this weekend was originally for DP2 when Uni did the scheduling. It would have been completely asinine to schedule it sandwiched between DP2 and I2, not to mention Solo two weeks before. 

• Like 2

Also worth noting this weekend was originally for DP2 when Uni did the scheduling. It would have been completely asinine to schedule it sandwiched between DP2 and I2, not to mention Solo two weeks before.

Completely forgot about DP2 originally releasing this weekend. Yeah, they really shouldn't have moved DP2.

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Completely forgot about DP2 originally releasing this weekend. Yeah, they really shouldn't have moved DP2.

Why not, DP2 is the movie that will benefit the most from Solo's disappointing run. Especially overseas where it got away from JW2.

Edited by MrGlass2

LOL this is completely hilarious. You guys are BEYOND DESPERATE in hoping this movie will fail at the box office when it clearly won't.

Can you at least try to hide your Disney-bias a just little bit?

Saying this movie won't even hit $100 million OW has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, AgentofMONARCH said:

LOL this is completely hilarious. You guys are BEYOND DESPERATE in hoping this movie will fail at the box office when it clearly won't.

Saying this movie won't even hit $100 million OW has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet.

Same thing happened with Ready Player One. People desperate for it to bomb ended up with egg on their faces when it did okay. JW will do much better than okay because the overseas numbers will be massive. The domestic will go down by how much we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Same thing happened with Ready Player One. People desperate for it to bomb ended up with egg on their faces when it did okay. JW will do much better than okay because the overseas numbers will be massive. The domestic will go down by how much we'll have to wait and see.

I hope people don’t cry bomb when this falls a good bit short of JW.  It was always going to.  But, less than 350/650...would be disapointing.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-21 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

7.66%

Total Shows Added Today:     5

Total Seats Added Today:   758

Total Seats Sold Today:      180

.1490x as many tickets sold as Infinity War after two days of pre-sales.

.1108x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 21 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.3769x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 21 days before release (IW had 16 more days of pre-sales)  [I don't have info for day one of pre-sales for BP]

.4527x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  21 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) [Some theaters also went on sale early for DP2]

.2777x as many tickets sold as Solo after two days of pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales) [Sometime next week I will switch to the "X days before release" as the comp]

NOTE:  I accidentally shorted JW:FK 20 seats sold yesterday due to a typing error.  I've gone back and corrected the stat block in the relevant posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AgentofMONARCH said:

I think it's sad that i make a prediction and people like you jump straight on the bias wagon. Can I not make a prediction without being labelled as a Disney lover? I couldn't care less what logo comes before the movie.

Box office is full of surprises every year so it's silly to rule anything out

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

LOL at people listening to tracking numbers after the Solo 170mil debacle. 

What about Deadpool 2 missing it’s $130-150m range? 

As someone else said though, hopefully the under performance of Deadpool 2 and Solo will help this out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

I'd be perfectly happy with this bombing because JW was so bad, but it's not happening. After DP2 doing merely ok and Solo doing horribly the audience will be hungry for another big movie.

wrng.gif

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What about Deadpool 2 missing it’s $130-150m range? 

As someone else said though, hopefully the under performance of Deadpool 2 and Solo will help this out. 

Yep, that was over estimated as well. I do think that Fallen Kingdom will drop big from it's predecessor but if the reviews are decent again I could see it doing really well due to the under performance of both of those films. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager

I'm at the Grove today. Encountered some real good marketing from Amazon and Jurassic World 2. I'm pumped for this movie now.

Will post pics later if people interested.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2