kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

China Box Office Tracking: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is projected to make $105M on 3-day debut. The first one made $97.77M on 5-day openig($67.19M 3-day weekend). Also there is a chance that the sci-fi title could hit $135M on opening weekend. #JurassicWorldJurassic_World_emoji_v3.png

• Like 2

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-22 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

6.36%

Total Seats Sold Today:      585

.1255x as many tickets sold as Infinity War after one day of pre-sales.

.0852x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 22 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.2976x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 22 days before release (IW had 16 more days of pre-sales)  [I don't have info for day one of pre-sales for BP]

.3417x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2 21 days before release (I don't have info for DP2's first day of sales) [Some theaters also went on sale early for DP2, allowing for a stronger reported 'first day' of sales]

.2224x as many tickets sold as Solo after one day of pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales)

----

I have some more detailed thoughts over at the Tracking thread where I also posted this stat block. But the main point I want to repeat here is that the first Jurassic World  was an insane monster on steroids on walkups.  So the realtive lack of presales perhaps isn't that surprising.

The other thing I want to repeat over here, is none of these comps are all that perfect due the wide disparity in number of theaters and screens.  Black Panther , for one, was on a much smaller amount of screens tracked, relatively speaking, while Deadpool 2 was on a larger amount.  Still, as a 30,000 ft level look at things, there's probably worse ways to go about it.

May or may not post the Seat Count tracker here daily.  Mostly might depend on whether or not the folks in this thread want to see it every day or not. :)

Edited by Porthos
Accidentally shorted FK 20 tickets due to database error; now corrected for the record
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mekanos said:

JW doing almost as much in China as AOU is crazy considering that they haven't had the previous movies. Can Fallen Kingdom reach 300M?

JW would have beaten Ultron in China if not for losing the majority of its screens during the summer blackout period (June 19th in 2015). It had way better reception and legs than Ultron given that the latter had an opening about 60% higher than JW for the 5-day.

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mekanos said:

JW doing almost as much in China as AOU is crazy considering that they haven't had the previous movies. Can Fallen Kingdom reach 300M?

Not crazy at all given the first one did close to a billion worldwide back in 93!

• Like 1