kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Just now, That One Guy said:

btw @WrathOfHan pulled an Ethan and said “there’s no hype lol” in the telegram chat so make sure to @ him whenever the number goes higher over the course of the weekend thread

Noted. Oh yeah, very much noted.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Alli said:

I fear for @Brainbug when this disappoints.  He is so hyped for the movie. :)

The most important thing is that the movie is good. Box office is secondary. Though i admit, if it fails to crack 1B Worldwide or 100M OW DOM, i will probably have a meltdown. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The most important thing is that the movie is good. Box office is secondary. Though i admit, if it fails to crack 1B Worldwide or 100M OW DOM, i will probably have a meltdown. :lol:

We've been waiting for a second good Jurassic movie sine 1993.  Good luck!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I disagree :) weve had one solid sequel (Lost World) and the best movie of all time (Jurassic World lol).

Jurassic Park 3 is utter, utter shit though. I hate that movie. IT SUCKS. Im positive FK wont :).

53 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

No way, and I'm saying that as someone who agrees the hype is lacking and the drop off on OW will be huge. But sub 100 is just absurd for a movie whose predecessor opened to 208m, especially when that was built around walk ups. 115m worst case scenario.

Well I also agree that sub 100 feels freakin insane but let's not forget we had an ip with a 220m opener 6 months ago that did actually go sub 100 for a 3 day weekend very recently. And it's quite anecdotal, that the same person was mocked for the same prediction for Solo.

Yep, it aint happenin but still I guess nothing is impossible.

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If this can fully embrace the schlock the way JP3 did without having the laziest ending in movie history then it might be the first properly decent sequel this franchise has ever had. 

I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck it up, but you never know.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Youre crazy.

Honestly, i might be a JW stan, but i remain very realistic about this movies box office. Right now, without any official reviews, the lowest it can go imo is 130M OW. Anything under that is pretty much impossible. The first reactions from Spain are incredibly positive about the film and the matter of fact is, the people love them dinosaurs. This aint Solo: A Star Wars Story,

JW:FK > BP WW, I'm very confident about this. Movie will go nuts over in China

• Like 5

I want this to reach at least the average of JW's 1st 2 weekends : (209+107)/2 = 158

Was hoping for 180-190 earlier in the year but will take 160.

If the movie has positive buzz closer to the release it can do 160-165*2.60-2.65=416-437 which would be a 33-36% drop from the predecessor, similar to Lost World's 36% drop and TLJ's 34%.

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

When will they deliver the human/raptor hybrids we were promised?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I don't think we have to worry about this film's quality with J.A. Bayona in the director's chair.

That's my take.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

I want this to reach at least the average of JW's 1st 2 weekends : (209+107)/2 = 158

Was hoping for 180-190 earlier in the year but will take 160.

If the movie has positive buzz closer to the release it can do 160-165*2.60-2.65=416-437 which would be a 33-36% drop from the predecessor, similar to Lost World's 36% drop and TLJ's 34%.

The Lost World adjusts to a 143M OW (180M 4-Day, it opened over MD weekend) and a DOM total of 457M. I think the 3-Day OW figure and that total are fair numbers for Fallen Kingdom.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I don't think we have to worry about this film's quality with J.A. Bayona in the director's chair.

That's my take.

Plenty of directors have duds, some good indie directors especially have a hard time transitioning to blockbusters

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pandamia! said:

Plenty of directors have duds, some good indie directors especially have a hard time transitioning to blockbusters

While i agree, i must say, all bias aside, that the movie looks stunning visually. The trailers are just weirdly edited, but the cinematography, the Lighting and the colors are on point. Now we just need the story and script to not be too stupid :lol: and we'll be fine.