kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think Incredbiles 2 and this will do well, there was nothing really to see. 

Yeah, I think both will be big. JW 2 will see a big drop from JW, but think it will still be huge. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Slambros said:

I don't think we have to worry about this film's quality with J.A. Bayona in the director's chair.

That's my take.

My BIG BIG ISSUE with Jurassic World and J.A. Bayona are his comments in an EW interview regarding how it changes tone/genre halfway through. He said:

"The first half, you have a whole dinosaur movie on the island, so you have what you expect from a Jurassic movie," he outlined. "Then the second half moves to a totally different environment that feels more suspenseful, darker, claustrophobic, and even has this kind of gothic element, which I love."

I don’t see that working for families at all. I see JW as the type of movie that Mom and the fam see on opening weekend; then, the kids don't like it or have nightmares; and then Mom gets on Facebook and tells all her other Mom friends to “be prepared it's scary!” or “wait until the Blu Ray.”  Everyone can scream "DINOS" all their want, but overprotective Moms would take on a T-Rex and win any day.

I think the movie will have a strong 150M+ opening weekend.  I just wouldn't be stunned if it had a big drop in its second week and/or terrible legs.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

My BIG BIG ISSUE with Jurassic World and J.A. Bayona are his comments in an EW interview regarding how it changes tone/genre halfway through. He said:

"The first half, you have a whole dinosaur movie on the island, so you have what you expect from a Jurassic movie," he outlined. "Then the second half moves to a totally different environment that feels more suspenseful, darker, claustrophobic, and even has this kind of gothic element, which I love."

I don’t see that working for families at all. I see JW as the type of movie that Mom and the fam see on opening weekend; then, the kids don't like it or have nightmares; and then Mom gets on Facebook and tells all her other Mom friends to “be prepared it's scary!” or “wait until the Blu Ray.”  Everyone can scream "DINOS" all their want, but overprotective Moms would take on a T-Rex and win any day.

I think the movie will have a strong 150M+ opening weekend.  I just wouldn't be stunned if it had a big drop in its second week and/or terrible legs.

All the JP movies have moments that are scary for kids 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Its ofc not impossible that this might be the case. But the first JP was also very brutal. Scenes like the T-Rex breakout or the Raptor kitchen scene scare the living hell out of children. JW wasnt as suspensfull, but maybe even more brutal than Jurassic Park. What im trying to say is that it was always fascinating to see that Jurassic Park movies play so heavily to familys when they're much more brutal than for example Superhero movies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Which is basically every Jurassic Park ever. . . 

• Like 1

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-20 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

8.61%

Total Seats Sold Today:       96

.1593x as many tickets sold as Infinity War after three days of pre-sales.

.1225x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 20 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

<<Black Panther comp on hold for a few days due to missing data>>

.4856x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  20 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) [Some theaters also went on sale early for DP2]

.2990x as many tickets sold as Solo after three days of pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales) [Sometime next week I will switch to the "X days before release" as the comp]

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Where the hell are the reviews?

Majority of the markets kick in Jun 6-8 so we will get reactions soon I guess

Wednesday, June 6
Belgium, France, Germany, Indonesia, Korea, Philippines, Switzerland (F)

Thursday, June 7
Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Malaysia, Netherlands, Middle East, Portugal, Russia, Serbia & Montenegro, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland (G), Thailand, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates.

Friday, June 8
Austria, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, India, Latvia, Lithuania, Mongolia, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vietnam

Friday, June 15
China, Egypt

Friday, June 22 
Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, New Zealand, Paraguay, Peru, Slovakia, Trinidad, Uruguay, Ecuador, Mexico, Venezuela

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mekanos said:

A babysitter got eaten by a dinosaur as a cruel joke in Jurassic World. I honestly doubt 1) it's as dark as Bayona is hyping it up to be, 2) it will keep kids away.

I really hate to be that guy, but she actually got eaten by the Mosasaur, which isnt a dinosaur but a marine reptile :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I really hate to be that guy, but she actually got eaten by the Mosasaur, which isnt a dinosaur but a marine reptile :ph34r:

Random question: Wasn't the Mosasaur in JW too big? I mean I've heard that it could've been a "Mosasaurus maximus", but the reptile had the size of a Liopleurodon more than a Mosasaur.:kitschjob:

3 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Random question: Wasn't the Mosasaur in JW too big? I mean I've heard that it could've been a "Mosasaurus maximus", but the reptile had the size of a Liopleurodon more than a Mosasaur.:kitschjob:

The Liopleurodon was actually way smaller than most people know. The BBC documentary "walking with dinosaurs" used another species (Monster of Arramberi/Pliosaurus) for Liopleurodons appearance and even then it was greatly exaggerated. More info here if you are interested:

The "monster of Aramberri" is the denomination that was given to the fossil remains of a huge marine reptile, a giant carnivore belonging to the Pliosauroidea clade that was found in Aramberri, Nuevo León, Mexico by a student of the Facultad de Ciencias de la Tierra of the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León while conducting geological mapping in 1985

It was originally estimated that the remains belonged to a young individual which was more or less 15 meters long (both claims are questionable[2]), claims of the specimen being 18 meters long were created by media.[3] It was initially falsely identified as Liopleurodon ferox;[4] this conclusion was used in BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs, in which the individual was the base to depict a very big Liopleurodon. French and German paleontologists classified it as a giant pliosaur, which lived around 140 millions years ago in shallow waters of the area, in what is now Aramberri, Mexico.

The specimen is not properly named and described yet though the first assumptions of it being a juvenile individual have been outdated and that it is apparently not related to Liopleurodon ferox. It remains possibly one of the largest pliosaur known, and perhaps the largest,[3] even though recent size estimates that compare the cervical vertebrae of the Aramberri pliosaur with those of Kronosaurus (possibly a close relative[5]) yield smaller estimates, i.e. a mean length of 11.7 meters and a mean body mass of 15 metric tonnes

Now, the Mosasaur in JW is still way too big, but Jurassic Park movies arent documentarys. They use bullshit science and im more than ok with that :lol: Even in the first JP, they got nearly all the dinosaurs completely wrong.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The Liopleurodon was actually way smaller than most people know. The BBC documentary "walking with dinosaurs" used another species (Monster of Arramberi/Pliosaurus) for Liopleurodons appearance and even then it was greatly exaggerated. More info here if you are interested:

The "monster of Aramberri" is the denomination that was given to the fossil remains of a huge marine reptile, a giant carnivore belonging to the Pliosauroidea clade that was found in Aramberri, Nuevo León, Mexico by a student of the Facultad de Ciencias de la Tierra of the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León while conducting geological mapping in 1985

It was originally estimated that the remains belonged to a young individual which was more or less 15 meters long (both claims are questionable[2]), claims of the specimen being 18 meters long were created by media.[3] It was initially falsely identified as Liopleurodon ferox;[4] this conclusion was used in BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs, in which the individual was the base to depict a very big Liopleurodon. French and German paleontologists classified it as a giant pliosaur, which lived around 140 millions years ago in shallow waters of the area, in what is now Aramberri, Mexico.

The specimen is not properly named and described yet though the first assumptions of it being a juvenile individual have been outdated and that it is apparently not related to Liopleurodon ferox. It remains possibly one of the largest pliosaur known, and perhaps the largest,[3] even though recent size estimates that compare the cervical vertebrae of the Aramberri pliosaur with those of Kronosaurus (possibly a close relative[5]) yield smaller estimates, i.e. a mean length of 11.7 meters and a mean body mass of 15 metric tonnes

Now, the Mosasaur in JW is still way too big, but Jurassic Park movies arent documentarys. They use bullshit science and im more than ok with that :lol: Even in the first JP, they got nearly all the dinosaurs completely wrong.

Thanks, you sure do know your dinos :D

• Like 2