kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

Infinity war is going to wipe the floor with this movie, and I dug the JW2 trailer.

Both will do about the same domestically with Incredibles 2 over both domestic and JW2 as the alpha WW.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

NGL, Jeff Goldblum saying "life finds a way" and hearing John Williams iconic score, did give me THE FEELS.  But so did seeing all the dinos go off a cliff -- and that gave me the wrong ones.  Like, I'm Not Here For That Garbage wrong ones.

For Box Office: I don't see this touching Infinity War's DOM.  IW has a whole month to itself.  Fallen Kingdom has The Incredibles 2 viaing for the same family audience, and it's only got two weeks until Ant-Man & Wasp.

5 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

Pfffft @scoobysaurus saw it 21 times and I saw it 16? times...I'm gunning for 20+ for FK. 

Hell yeah! From the looks of it I'll probably end up seeing FK as many times as JW if not more. :DThis is going to be huge OS. 

On a side note the only thing that bothers me is that the Carnotaurus gets mauled by Rexy in its first appearance and makes JP franchise T.Rexs look like bullies that go after smaller carnivores like raptors (JP) and carno (FK) but get thrashed when confronted by other apex predators like Spino (JP3) and Indominus (JW). Doesn't bode well for the main anti-hero/heroin of the franchise. I hope the carnotaurus has at least one more scene where they establish it as a credible threat so Rexy killing it wouldn't seem like a colossal waste of potential. Baryonyx vs Carnotaurus would've been much better IMHO. 

Having said that I'm really impressed by the diversity of dinosaurs in this - especially large/medium theropods. There's 5 that we know about already including Rexy, Baryonyx, Carnotaurus, Metriacanthosaurus?, and Indoraptor. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scoobysaurus said:

On a side note the only thing that bothers me is that the Carnotaurus gets mauled by Rexy in its first appearance and makes JP franchise T.Rexs look like bullies that go after smaller carnivores like raptors (JP) and carno (FK) but get thrashed when confronted by other apex predators like Spino (JP3) and Indominus (JW). Doesn't bode well for the main anti-hero/heroin of the franchise. I hope the carnotaurus has at least one more scene where they establish it as a credible threat so Rexy killing it wouldn't seem like a colossal waste of potential. Baryonyx vs Carnotaurus would've been much better IMHO. 

I think they're still trying to make up for the atrocity of the T-Rex jobbing to the Spinosaurus in JP3. 

Edited by MrGamer2558
  • Like 1