kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

The Volcano IS on the island in the books.... And its canon to JP although not in the movies. Its on the maps of the park and featured in video games/comic books post JP pre TLW.

Also not saying it looks great, I'm not a JW lover I'm a JP lover. However you guys are very very narrow minded lol.

When you think of Dinosaurs what do you think of? Everyone in the world thinks of Jurassic park and ASTEROIDS, EXTINCTION level events. LAVA, FIRE, those visual qualities are NOT in any of the JP movies. ITs really 1000000000000000% the only logical way to go for the GA. Its exactly the type of situation kids are taught about dinosaurs in school, the extinction.

Lets be honest. There is NOT one thing Jurassic Park 5 could have came up what that you guys wouldn't think is stupid. Its Volcano or main land or San Diego again ahah, so honestly idk what the complaints are about. From a marketing to GA an visual stantd point this is the only way and the right way to go.

With that said. JW is like Star Wars Prequel level enjoyment to me compared to Star Wars. I assume this will be more of the same, Im accepting of that. Box office wise its doing TLW adjusted numbers, everyone agrees, low 400's call it a day. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The JW marketing looked fresh and exciting. This definitely doesn't, and putting all their eggs in one scene to sell the movie like they did in this trailer isn't my idea of great marketing.  

It's being said that literally everything in the trailer is from the first half of the movie so i wouldn't count on all their eggs being put in the volcano scene. I like Bayona's style and I'm pretty sure the third act will be just as satisfying if not more than JW. Fingers crossed! 

But yeah to be honest I thought the BTS footage was more exciting than the actual trailer which is weird. 

A BVS to JL drop gets this to 410M or so. Given this is the only PG-13 blockbuster in June (Oceans is going to skew over 25 by at least 80%), it'll benefit in its first two weeks, especially with the Fourth of July. Once Ant-Man is out, it'll fall pretty hard, and the swath of July releases will cause it to lose theaters fairly fast. 160/430 is what I'm going with for now. If the movie is really bad, sub-400M and potentially sub-350M will happen.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

A BVS to JL drop gets this to 410M or so. Given this is the only PG-13 blockbuster in June (Oceans is going to skew over 25 by at least 80%), it'll benefit in its first two weeks, especially with the Fourth of July. Once Ant-Man is out, it'll fall pretty hard, and the swath of July releases will cause it to lose theaters fairly fast. 160/430 is what I'm going with.

This is a massive franchise for kids though, horror elements and all, so I can't see how I2 doesn't have an effect on it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

With that said. JW is like Star Wars Prequel level enjoyment to me compared to Star Wars. I assume this will be more of the same, Im accepting of that. Box office wise its doing TLW adjusted numbers, everyone agrees, low 400's call it a day. 

Surely Avengers >  Age of Ultron kind of drop is the expected one? That's actually high 400's, isn't it?

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

A BVS to JL drop gets this to 410M or so. Given this is the only PG-13 blockbuster in June (Oceans is going to skew over 25 by at least 80%), it'll benefit in its first two weeks, especially with the Fourth of July. Once Ant-Man is out, it'll fall pretty hard, and the swath of July releases will cause it to lose theaters fairly fast. 160/430 is what I'm going with for now. If the movie is really bad, sub-400M and potentially sub-350M will happen.

Still be enough for a third film, it's releasing early OS due to the World Cup.