grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

This is an unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed the anime trilogy. A lot more than some of the Toho entries honestly.  

I found the sci-fi setting to be a breath of fresh air and I love the themes of monsters and society/technology. 

I think the series gets a little too much flak from its teased Mechagodzilla appearance and the action-filled prequel novels. :lol:

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, cax16 said:

It’s nearing 35m views just on the WB page on YouTube, this has blown past any expectations anyone could of had for the reactions to the trailer. Let’s see how this translate to Box office/max subs. 

Just about to hit 40m views on WB channel. I know it doesn’t mean much overall but I’ve had  fun watching the view count the last few days cause I wasn’t expecting this. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

This is an unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed the anime trilogy. A lot more than some of the Toho entries honestly.  

I found the sci-fi setting to be a breath of fresh air and I love the themes of monsters and society/technology. 

I think the series gets a little too much flak from its teased Mechagodzilla appearance and the action-filled prequel novels. :lol:

I don’t really care about how the anime trilogy handles Mechagodzilla. I just think those films are painfully unengaging and dull. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cax16 said:

Just about to hit 40m views on WB channel. I know it doesn’t mean much overall but I’ve had  fun watching the view count the last few days cause I wasn’t expecting this. 

42 million views and 1.4 million (!!!) likes. Incredible performance by this trailer and way beyond anything I could have expected. Google Trends is at the same level as Infinity War's first trailer. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Menor said:

42 million views and 1.4 million (!!!) likes. Incredible performance by this trailer and way beyond anything I could have expected. Google Trends is at the same level as Infinity War's first trailer. 

Wow! That’s pretty crazy to be on the level with infinity war. If this hype is actually real it’s really too bad we didn’t get to see this release on a normal theatrical schedule. 

• Like 1

Just now, Menor said:

I do wonder, though, how much of this massive buzz is just a novelty factor (like Detective Pikachu's trailer, or Sonic/Scoob though less so) rather than true "want to see this movie". 

Ya that’s what I meant with my above point. It should be interesting to see what it makes overseas and now we can compare the minutes watched and subs to ww84. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Menor said:

If so then WB will be utter idiots if they don't release HBO Max worldwide by then. So chances are HBO Max will still be US only on April 1st.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Approaching 46m views now. Tomorrow will be the last day I’ll check for now lol. I just wanted to see if it could hit 50m in a week but that won’t happen. 

Soon it will probably be the most liked trailer since Spider-Man: Far From Home's 2nd trailer, passing Black Widow's first trailer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I genuinely am sensing hype for this.

I haven’t seen a negative thing online about it, people are either really excited or just want to see it for the novelty factor and don’t care if it’s dumb. I’m sure there’s negativity around but I’m not seeing the usual amount. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's at 2.2 mil likes if you include the trailer on the HBO Max, WB UK, and India channels. That makes it the most-liked movie trailer since Endgame lmao. 

I think Far From Home's 2nd trailer is still ahead if you include all channels, though GvK will probably pass it before release.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Big numbers either way. I think the next trailer will be focused more on Godzilla, let’s see how that one performs also. 

Probably not like this , from what I have observed people love Kong more , anyway this movie gonna be huge