antovolk

Sicario: Day of the Soldado | Stefano Sollima | Final Trailer Page 9 | June 29

49 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They completely changed the whole third act from the script, including the ending, without even changing the lines in the final scene.

The kid deserves to be killed in the final movie, it was very dumb and complete nonsense that Alejandro, instead of revenge on him, offered him...a job for a sequel?! WTF?!

It's fascinating how change of some visual details can completely change the meaning of the scene without even changing the lines or how scene plays out. But not in a good way in this case.

Edited by Firepower

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

They completely changed the whole third act from the script, including the ending, without even changing the lines in the final scene.

Reveal hidden contents

It's fascinating how change of some visual details can completely change the meaning of the scene without even changing the lines or how scene plays out. But not in a good way in this case.

Oh wow that is interesting

Just got back. Really solid. Not as good as the first. Felt it ended really abruptly, especially after reading the script. I was actually shocked where they left off with Josh Brolin's character as opposed to what the script has. Brolin and Del Toro were awesome. Action was visceral and well shot. I just kinda felt it wasn't a solid whole like the first though. Still good and would be really excited for a 3rd film. Fingers crossed it does well enough. And yeah the end was eh. I liked the way it ended in the script but yall are right... they really changed it in the finished film and it was just kinda weird and not as satisfying

5 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Really weird ending.. honestly I'm shocked test audiences didn't red flag it enough to make Sony cut it cause really, wtf. 

Spoiler

I wonder if they shot any of the scripted ending...i.e. Alejandro making it to Reyes' compound, Brolin getting roasted for rescuing Isabela instead of killing her and then her being placed in witness protection

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

Now that I think about it, I would've rather seen a prequel about how Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin came to work together. Also I still have no idea what Josh Brolin's actual job is in these movies lol

That's probably by design.

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Now that I think about it, I would've rather seen a prequel about how Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin came to work together. Also I still have no idea what Josh Brolin's actual job is in these movies lol

To get shit done, no matter what the pussies tell him not to do.

Edited by The Futurist

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

going to see this today

What did you think?

I loved the first one. The reviews online are so much worse, why is that? That's the only reason I haven't bought a ticket yet.

Edited by Pure Spirit

4 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

What did you think?

I loved the first one. The reviews online are so much worse, why is that? That's the only reason I haven't bought a ticket yet.

Yes, Jimbo approved.

If you like Brolin and Del Toro you'll like this movie.

• Like 1